My father has epilepsy for a long time and I get used he has to take different medicines for all this time. I do not understand one thing, and that is why he has to change his medicines sometimes. Seems like his doctor did not find appropriate for him. Now he prescribed him Keppra, so I am worried how he is going to react for this new medicine. Can you tell me something about Keppra side effects?

Keppra tablets are indicated as adjunctive therapy in treatment of partial onset seizures in epilepsy. This product should not be administered with patients who have previously exhibited hypersensitivity to any inactive ingredient in Keppra. Side effects are reported as occurrence of central nervous system advesre events. Those could be classified into following categories: somnolence and fatigue, coordination difficulties and behavioral abnormalities. Around 15% of patients reported asthenia, compared to 10% of placebo patients. Nervous system can be affected by some other ways, such as dizziness, nervousness, paresthesia, ataxia etc. Sometimes respiratory system feels side effects of Keppra, for example appearing of rhinitis and sinusitis. Side effects at whole body, caused by Keppra using, is asthenia, headaches, infections, and pain. These side effects are similar between females and males as it is shown in some studies.