I know that guarana is a popular ingredient in drinks, chewing gum and some sweets, but are there no side effects of guarana? I have heard some rumors that guarana can cause you to have hyperventilation and other side effects. Is there any indication that this is true? Where can I read about guarana?

Hi Loren! I have noticed too theese days a lot of guarana based products, everyone uses it, it's like a replacement for a caffeine or something. I normaly avoid theese energetic beverages (we all have enough energy stored in our fat, don' we). I also here people talking a lot about theese side efects of guarana, even though it's just a plant, but the coca's as well. As some side effects I found anxiety, diarrhea, headache, increased urination, nausea, nervousness, shakiness, tremors, trouble sleeping, upset stomach, vomiting...guess we shouldn't abuse it. All the best to you!