Can you tell me something more on the effects of caffeine on cycling? I’ve heard that it’s a good stimulant and since I get tired on my work I’d like something to wake me up and help me cycle the route I plan. Is it a legal substance, because I know that nowadays many substances are on a blacklist? I just hope it won’t do me any harm.

To be honest, I have no idea whether caffeine is on a cycling blacklist, but I’d be very careful about using it as a stimulant. I know it’s mild but sometimes it can prompt some unpleasant sensations such as tachycardia or problems with heartbeat. I know that many of my friends who cycle drink coffee or beverages containing caffeine and they say it significantly reduces fatigue, but I don’t like using it. I mean, I do drink coffee, it’s just I don’t exaggerate. There are certain energy gels or drinks for cyclists that I use. But let’s make something clear: none of these can make you cycle faster. Those supplements can only help your body not to exhaust so fast. So, caffeine is not dangerous, but be careful about the doses.