I recently was prescribed Adderall. My therapist referred me to a psychiatrist for anxiety, intensity, impatience, focus and attention issues. I couldn't believe I was prescribed Adderall for those issues. However, it has helped immensely. I'm a completely different driver - I used to be the crazy road-rage driver, now I'm calm, cool and collected and not bothered by slow drivers. I'm better in conversation and better with multi-tasking. I have, however, dropped 10 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. At 5 foot 1 and 140 lbs, I could use the weight loss however my fear is someday when I go off it (I don't intend to be on forever) it will all come back. Another fear is, I literally have no appetite and have to force myself to eat. Which I barely do. Other side effects (annoying side effects) have been slight insomnia - though getting better, dry/metal taste mouth and headaches. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I'm 36...

Just so that there is no confusion, Adderal is amphetamine based drug, that is where all of its "upsides" and "downsides" come - you can be more focused (that is why you don't have the time to pay any attention to the anxiety or whatever), but you are old enough to know and have seen pictures of people who are on street version of Adderal - methamphetamine. They are so sadly underweight, because it kills the desire to eat, you burn off the stored fat you already have and, well, sleeping on amphetamines is always a heavy task. But, apart from that, you are in the age where you should also pay attention to the fact, despite its benefits, by its own nature, increases heartbeat and changes blood pressure which can lead to more serious problems. So, re-evaluate constantly if you need to take this or don't.