Hi, my husband has a problem with his stomach, because it produces too much acid. I heard that nexium helps with this condition, but before I propose it to my husband, I want to be shore that there are no serious side effects. Does someone know what nexium side effects are?

Hello, I have used nexium (esomeprazole) for a long time, because I have a gastroesophageal reflux disease. Nexium helped me by stopping the acid in my stomach to washes back up into the esophagus. Some Nexium side effects occured during my treatment, such as headache and dry mouth, but they didn’t last long. However, I heard of some other cases when people had worse side effects than I did, like rapid heartbeat, blurred vision, confusion and flushing. They had to stop using nexium, and some of them were even hospitalized. If your husband ever had any allergic reactions to esomeprazole, he should tell his doctor about it before he starts using this drug. It is also better if the doctor examens him first, because he will know exactly what drug to prescribe him.

Been using for a year now. It changed my life. I had GERD bad and constant diahrea, stomach pain, acid in throat, etc etc. Its all gone.
I do however get headaches once a week, lots of dry mouth, and I've gained 15lbs.

I have been prescribed a daily dose of 40mg for Barrett's Esphogus. This has been for more than one week already. My GERD situation seems to be resolved, but it seems like I have this constant sensation of having to move my bowels. It comes and goes. It is not severe but annoying.