hi i need your help im 42 and have the merin coil inerted for approx 4 yrs (second one 9 yrs in total) aug 4th i had a lite period this happens only once a year its so infrequent this mon it happened again.i have experienced sore breasts and and am extremly tired,also weeing alot.I have had blood tests the other week and although i havnt got the results from my gp my thyroid is compensated.yesterday at work i had i funny turn which resulted on other members of staff taking me to the acc/emer dept i work at the hospital.my blood pressure was 77/55. i did the urine sample and was later told that the pregnancy hormone was raised and i need to do a sample in a couple of days .i was told not to worrt easier said than done ,could these symptoms be 1 my thyroid 2 my coil running down or 3 am i pregnant

hi i have been searching for the same answer as you karen. i am 25 and have had the merina in for almost a year now, i already have 2 children. i bled for the first 6 months of having the merina and it has now stopped, though in the last 6 to 8 weeks i have been feeling sick constantly, being sick in the morning and throughout the day, weeing alot more than normal, i have terrible heartburn all of which i had with both my pregnancies. i have taken numerous tests all of which came back negative including the digital clearblue ones, i've had blood tests which also came back as normal, for me it feels asthough there is something there, whether the hormones in the merina give out a negative result i don't know but i think the only way i'll find out is by having a scan. i hope that you are ok and find your answer. please can anyone help?