Hi all,

Thank you for taking time in reading my post.

10 weeks ago i had a medical abortion and decided to have the coil fitted straight after (after the procedure as i was put to sleep). I had my 6 week check up and the nurse said the coil is fitted where it should be, so its all fine and healthy.

When i had the medical abortion i bled for up to nearly 2 weeks, which i guess is normal, since then, ive had no period. The last few weeks ive been feeling rubbish, sluggish, tired, achy, and to be honest, since the coil fitted ive had bad cramps. These cramps have become stronger lately, feels like someone is stabbing me deep and its quite harsh, to the point where if the cramp comes and im sitting down i have to literally stand up, because it hurts to sit. 

I've read how the coil can give you bad cramps etc, but ive also been feeling a little sick lately, not been sick, but its been in the evening times. Im beginning to get a little paranoid, because the symptoms that ive been getting are how i felt when i was pregnant. I just really do not want to go back to where i was before, because having the pregnancy terminated was very hard for me, and im awaiting councilling. 

Have i had no period, due to having my coil fitted? Are these symptoms just hormones and my body trying to get back to normal? I know i shouldnt, but ive been reading posts online about women falling pregnant whilst the coil has been fitted. I did have sex with my partner after my abortion, but this was around 2 and half weeks later, once i stopped bleeding, and ofcourse i was protected?

Could someone give me some information, or tell me to stop worrying? Im getting paranoid :( 

Could someone please help me with my post, if able? :(

Hi Daisy My situation mirrors yours. Did you find out why you were having these symptoms?