I am a 58YO female in healthy condition. In September 2009, I had an MRI of the cervical spine for a worker's comp situation currently ongoing. The results indicated bones spurs on the vertebrae which are compressing the spinal cord. The vertibral discs are fine. Can the bone spurs be removed without fusing the discs?

As far as I know, the bone spurs COULD be but I'm not sure about your specific case so I don't think I can speak to it. I know that it is possible if you don't have an unusual situation. Does that help?

YES, there are many indoscopic minimally invasive proceedures that can dael with just the bone spurs without removing the disc. DO not let them take out healthy dics and fuse you just for bone spurs. Wolfs law suggest that this can cause other level to begin failing due to the prssure from the fusion. Check out your surgeons back ground and if the have any displenary actions. if you surgeon wants to remove healthy disc this soon, which it may be that in the future you may have too, but foe now get a second opinon!