I have been living with lupus for a long time now, and while I have tried various medications, none of them seems to have had a satisfactory effect so far. My doctor is now proposing rituxan, as an unofficial, off the label treatment. Has anyone else tried this and what are your thoughts and views?

I have never tried rituxan myself, but I have also been doing a lot of reading around this, mainly on the internet. Apparently, lots of lupus patients have good experiences with rituxan and some doctors really recommend it. I am not sure about the side effects, though I think I would give it a try if it were offered to me.

Hello there loree1425,

Well my mother is suffering from Lupus as well. She was changing her medications all the time because some of them were making her overweight and on the other hand some of them had exact the opposite effect. Her doctor has also proposed her some unofficial medication, I am not sure what the name is but I know that she was quite satisfied for long period of time. If I were you I would try it and see how I am going to react. If the side effects are greater than the benefits of the medication you can easily switch back to the old ones.

I hope that new medication will work for you. Good luck.