Hello, my friends. My sister in law suffers from multiple sclerosis. She has her regular treatment, but my friend tells me something about a drug called rituxan. I wonder whether this drug can be used for this disease. If it can, did you find rituxan helpful for your multiple sclerosis? I would really like to hear what you have to say.

Hello. There are some researches about this. I am not sure whether Rituxan is in regular use for multiple sclerosis. I have read that in that study, there were two shots of this drug that are given. These shots were apart for two weeks. The progression of MS was reduced for nearly a year. The drug was also good since the number of old and new lesions was reducing. However, this drug is not so successful at preventing relapses. Your sister in law should talk to her neurologist about this. I hope this helps. Bye!

Rituxin is not FDA approved for treating MS. That said, there appears to be a link. Be very careful as death from Rituxin is possible.

Any testing is outside the FDA and on very limited basis.