Hello everyone,

A good friend of mine is about to start using Trazodone (her doctor told her that she should use this medication) but she is scared because of the possible side effects of this medication. I promised to her that I will look around and find out about these side effects and that is why I'm here.

Can anyone tell me what are the side effects of Trazodone, please? Also, if anyone has any kind of experience with this medication, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with me. Thank you very much in advance.

Hello Guest,

Listen, just one thing. Knowing these side effects doesn't mean that your friend is going to have all of them, or any of them. It all depends from person to person and there are big chances that she won't get to experience any of these side effects.

The most common side effects of Trazodone medication are drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, and xerostomia. Other side effects (the ones that are not so common) include syncope, edema, sedation, confusion, tachycardia, hypotension, diarrhea, ataxia, and insomnia. But like I said, there are big chances that your friend won't have any of these.

Hello Guest,

The side effects that Gaia wrote above are generally the side effects of most medications out there. You probably had a chance to use some medications during your life and you probably didn't have any side effects from some of them, even though the label says that you can have numerous side effects. That is exactly the point that Gaia tried to made and I completely agree with her. Just because there are numerous side effects related to this medication doesn't mean that you friend is going to have any of these so if I were her, I wouldn't really worry about it.

I see, I will be sure to let her know about the things that you wrote here.

I would like to know one more thing as well, if I'm not asking for too much. Are there any side effects out of the ones that you mentioned which are a lot more likely to happen than the other ones? Like, are there some side effects that most of the people who are using Trazodone experience, like, that there is a big possibility that my friend is going to experience some of them as well? I would like to know which ones these are.

So, my sister was using it as well. Like every medication, this one has side - effects as well, which can be very unpleasant for you. 

So, you asked for more common side effects. I think that there are so many of them. For example, those side - effects are:

• Blurred vision that can happen to you always, night or day, it doesn't matter,
  • rare or often confusion
  • dizziness during the day
  • headaches,
  • lightheadedness, 
  • if you are sweating a lot,
  • unusual tiredness or weakness;

If you have any of those symptoms, maybe it is a time to contact your doctor!

Hello everyone. Let me be a part of your conversation because I have to share my experience with you. I am depressed since my High school and my psychiatrist believed that the best way to deal with it is to use some medications. I was OK with it because I couldn't see anything that can help me, so I decided to accept the use of medications. He prescribed Trazodone for me. And here I am - almost 7 years after this, I am still cool. And I didn't have side - effects at all. A lot of people find this weird, but I don't. And that is why I recommend this antidepressant to everyone. I am aware that people have side - effects, but I didn't have them.

Hi!

Trazodone is one of the best antidepressants on the market at the moment, but I know people who have really negative experience with it. Because of those side - effects, of course, and those side - effects can be really bad.

My cousin was using it, and those side - effects that you are telling us about were really minor, what he was dealing with.

He had constant pounding in his ears for days when he was using this medication. Also, he told me that sometimes he was very confused and he didn't know where he was at certain moment or even what time it was.