I would like to know the side effects from taking the Amlodipine (Besylate) Norvac. Please advise. Much appreciated.

EddieChan

Hi Eddie. I found this on the Norvac website.

It is not for those with liver problems. And it is not for women who are nursing, are pregnant, or may become pregnant. If you take Caduet, tell your doctor if you feel any new muscle pain or weakness. This could be a sign of rare but serious muscle side effects. Tell your doctor about all of the medicines you take. This may help avoid serious drug interactions. Your doctor should do blood tests to check your liver function before and during treatment and may adjust your dose. If you have any heart problems, be sure to tell your doctor. The most common side effects are edema, headache and dizziness. They tend to be mild and often go away.

It looks like you could most likely run the risk of edema, headache, or dizziness. The other side effects look more serious, but it also appears that they're quite rare. I think you would probably be safe taking this. What are you taking it for?