Hi! Recently, doctor prescribed me fosamax. My sister also takes fosamax, but she has terrible side effects. I didn’t start to use this drug. First, I want to know more about fosamax, and side effects of fosamax. Can you tell me something about fosamax, and side effect of this drug? Thanks!

Hi! First, very serious side effect of fosamax is allergic reaction, if someone have allergic reaction on fosamax he emergency medical help. Serious side effects of fosamax are, chest pain, difficulty or pain when swallowing, pain or burning under the ribs or in the back, new or worsening heartburn, severe joint, bone, or muscle pain, or jaw pain, numbness, or swelling. If you have any of this side effects stop use fosamax and see your doctor. Continue using Fosamax and talk with your doctor if you have any of these less serious side effects: mild heartburn or stomach upset, diarrhea, gas, or constipation, mild joint or back pain, or headache. Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. Start use fosamax as doctor prescribed to you; maybe you wouldn’t have any side effects.