Are there any ladies here who have used zoladex injections? I heard about the existence of these recently and it appeals to me as a very simple, straight forward method that does not include much effort on the part of the patient, other than monthly appointments to get the actual zoladex injection. But... is this not too good to be true? Are there side effects?

Hi there,

Such as many other medications Zoladex also has many possible side effects that might affect your body. For instance you will be able to notice onset of acne, also you will have breast tenderness and your sexual desire will decrease. I know that in some cases there are hard headaches and hot flashes, along with loss of appetite and nausea. You can also experience tiredness and weakness and you will most likely have trouble sleeping. As you can see there are many things that can happen, so you have to be careful with this medication. I hope that you found this helpful in any way.

All the best,

Danella

Hi all,

I stopped taking Zoladex back in August and to date have not seen my period return. During the year that I took Zoladex my man symptons where Lack of sleep Hot flushes and onset of Acne. With regards to managment of my pain I have remained sympton free. I am due to go for a fertitily check this week as I am yet to have my period return and am actively trying for a baby. I know that when taken the Injection I was advised that it was not a contraceptive so would presume that you can still get pregnant.