Are there any fellow lupus patients on this board? There must be someone here! If you are here and reading this, I hope you can help me. I am going to start kenalog injections and need to know something about the side effects. I often respond to new medications heavily and am very sensitive when it comes to this. If anyone has first hand experience then I would greatly benefit from hearing about them!

I have had kenalog injection for ulcerative collitis so it might be different than with lupus, but I had nosebleeds and coughing directly following the kenalog injections. This is not the end of the world but still annoying. Take this at face value, because you might have no side effects at all, or side effects that are a lot worse.

sherynd, I don't have lupus. I did have an injury to ther piriformis muscle that caused me unrelenting buttock pain down the leg. I see your post is from a year ago, so my advise would be to late. Had I read your post early on. My advise would be 'DON"T USE KENALOG 40. It caused my great bodily harm....I had to diagnose myself since for years my doctors only covered up what happen to me caused by the drug kenalog 40. I hope the drug didn't affect yo like it had me.