My mom is going to get an MRI scan. It is scheduled for next month, and I have heard that she is going to have to take a dye injection to make it easier for the doctors to see what is going on. Can I ask if these dye injections have any side effects?

Well, dye injections can cause the skin to be disolored, but this is a side effect that is of a temporary nature. Other than than, dye injection have no serious side effects unless an individual patient is allergic to them. This is something that can be tested before the dye injection is administered, to minimize the risks.

cHow can you test if the mri dye to see if you have an adverse effect as I had an adverse effect from an IV contrast for a scan, I got the IV after having Barium, I asked the radiologist if I could take a 24 hr zyrtect 8 hrs efore the test as I had to fast for 8 hours , and they said I dont have too ended having an anahalexis shock and needed cortizone injections so just want to know if you are unsure can a 24 hr zyrtect e taken efore an IV contrast is given as my daughter too has the same allergies that I have or is thereIS A test to see if you are allergice to the IV contrast too Thanks HG By the way loise594 how is your mum and how did she go with the MRI, hoe everything went off well God BLESS you