Hello, guys. My brother suffers from scurvy. He went to see a doctor and he prescribed him vitamin c injections. I would like to hear something more about side effects of these injections. I would really appreciate if someone could reply. This will mean a lot to me. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he will be better. Side effects of vitamin C injections can be temporary, but they can be serious. One of the most common is inflammation on the place of administration. There is also possibility of allergic reaction like in any other medicine. There is also strange sensation in bones, but also kidney problems have been reported. Some side effects can be even life threatening, but it isn't often. I hope this helps! Good luck!

injectable vitamin c are banned because it can treat cancer at high dose.

hello amery.. there's no side effect of vitamin c injection. your brother suffers from scurvy and yet he must take the injection. doctors will administered it carefully, you dont have to worry. :)