I have heard that the water supply has been infected with hepatitis a in the city where we are currently living (in India) and that we are at risk of getting hepatitis a through the water supply. I am thinking that everyone in our family should get the hepatitis a injection. Are there any side effects?

I do not believe that the hepatitis a injection has many adverse side effects, but like all vaccinations, you can have a slight rash after receiving the shot, and perhaps you might even have a slight fever. It is my understanding that the hepatitis a injection is much safer than being exposed to hepatitis a itself. I also suggest you start drinking bottled water only, if you have not done so already. If there is hepatitis a in the water supply, you never know what else might also be in there.