I would appreciate if someone could tell me more about the drug called hydrochlorot. I was proscribed this medicine, 25mg. What are the side effects of it and what is it being used for? Thanks anyway

This medicine is used to treat high blood pressure and swelling due to excess body water. It is a thiazide diuretic and it can also be used to treat other conditions as determined by the doctor. Every dug has side effects and this was is not an exception. Side effects that come and go away during treatment include dizziness or lightheadedness, nausea, diarrhea or loss of appetite. It is important to check with your doctor if they continue to be bothersome. If a person using this medicine experiences rash or itching, muscle pain or cramps, vomiting, restlessness, dry mouth, unusual tiredness or weakness, rapid or irregular heartbeat, or drowsiness it needs to go to the nearest health care provider as soon as possible. Driving, operating with the machinery, or doing anything else that could be dangerous should be avoided. Also, this medicine increases sensitivity to the sun so avoid exposure to the sun until you know how you react to this medicine.

I have used this medication and have had terrible symptoms of nausia and constant dirrihea... I was told it was for high blood pressure but I don't have that symptom all the time.... I believe it contains a type of potassium that would work well along side of a water pill. I have had to cease taking this medication against my doctors wishes....please make sure that your doctor is prescribing this medication for the right reason.