I have just a little bit increased blood pressure but anyway I visited my doctor for advice. He told me to use Hydrochlorot tablets, with zenith of 25mg. I wonder if I really should take this drug, if I have increased blood pressure. Can you tell me something about Hydrochlorot and how should I take it. I am afraid to take any drug because of possible side effects, so I would like to hear side effects of this one.

Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic, known as a water pill. Like any other water pill, it decreases the amount of fluid in your body by increasing the amount of salt and water that you lose in your urine. First, I have to give you one important advice about urinating, I am sure you will need. You should reduce nighttime urination, by taking hydrochlorothiazide early in the day, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Hydrochlorothiazide is used to lower blood pressure and to decrease edema, or swelling. That is why I think your doctor prescribed you appropriate drug, and dosage of 25 mg zenith is probably according to your condition. You should also know it is good to take each dose with a full glass of water. Some people make terrible mistake stopping take hydrochlorothiazide suddenly when they start to feel better. Stopping suddenly could make your condition worse, so when you think you feel better, then visit your doctor. Rare side effects of hydrochlorothiazide are allergic reaction, which refers to difficulty breathing, closing of throat, swelling of lips, tongue, or face, and or hives. Then you might notice abnormal bleeding or bruising, yellow skin or eyes, little or no urine, dizziness, etc, and if any of those occur, report it to your doctor.