Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm pretty worried for my father because he is very ill. You see, for always he has problems with this weak heart and even experienced one mild hear attack about three years ago. The problem with him is that he has really bad living habits and the biggest problem is alcohol.
About a week ago on some regular medical checkup a doctor determined that he suffers from high blood pressure and that he should start using some hydrochlorot from now on. How serious this can be and does anybody knows anything about this drug that he is starting to use!?

Hello. I'm familiar with some stuff you wrote about and I will gladly help you. You see, like you have already said, your father is seriously ill and I'm very sorry to say, but in his age- drinking alcohol could be life threatening thing to do.
Of course, the biggest possible problem with high blood pressure is increased chances of developing a stroke that could be fatal.
That’s why; his doctor prescribed him this hydrochlorot drug.
This is thiazide diuretic drug that should decrease his blood pressure and lessen swallowing of extremities. He should drink his medication regularly and there should be no problems

I AM VERY CONFUSED WITH THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS ARTICLE. FIRST IT SAYS THAT IS A MEDICATION FOR ARTHRITIS PAIN RELIEVE, THEN IT SAYS THAT IS DIURETIC. I AM VERY CONFUSED. THE DOCTOR RECOMENDED MY HUSBANS 25 MG AND 200 MG FOR ME. AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NOT TAKEN THE MEDICATION BECAUSE WE HAVE A QUESTION MARK. WHAT IS REALLY THIS MEDICATION FO>

THANKS,

MSR VICKY FERRER

Health Advisor
Look as far as I know, the two primary uses of hydrochlorot and any other diuretic is for treating high blood pressure and body swelling. Some of the diuretics are also used for treating liver and kidney disease.
Maybe it has some other indications but I haven’t heard of them. I was prescribed diuretics for high BP.

The best explanation you will get from the doc who prescribed these pills to you. If you’re uncertain about his proper prescription, you should ask him/her to explain exactly why did s/he prescribe the drug and how this drug relieves arthritis pain or whatever it was prescribed for you and your husband.

These diuretics make kidneys pass more salt and water and increase you urine passage. By doing this, they are making your body get rid of unwanted fluids and decrease the swelling. It also helps dilate blood vessels allowing easier blood flow and lowering high blood pressure.

Ziac versus Hydrochlorot what is the better one for lowering blood pressure?

Hi. I was given this drug due to severe anxiety attacks. The dr. said its a Beta blocker and will block adrenaline. Don't know if this helps, but I do not have high blood pressure or any of the other problems mentioned. :-)