This is the post i put up about a month ago [[[i've heard this is the blood flow getting stronger preparing for pregnancy...are there any other explanations? also,i've been on yaz for about a year now, and i've never had any problems with it. This month i took my pill late twice, but i did take them the next day. I've taken my pills late before and never had a problem..when i wasn't having sex. My boyfriend and i don't have sex very often, but for the last month or so we've been having more sex than usual and one day out of no where my armpits started getting sore really close to my boobs, and then about a week later i started getting a little queasy.. I never have strong PMS symptoms. I started my period early.. before the yaz placebo pills even started, and it hasn't been extremely heavy but more watery or dischargy and dark brown (sorry kinda gross). and its lasted about five days and my normal periods only last about two. i've also been having heat flashes where i feel like i'm getting a fever...it's just weird. i may just be worrying to much since its almost impossible to get pregnant on birth control, but i want to ask anyway..]]]] SO, now its a month later and i'm on my 4th and last pill in my sugar pills and still haven't started my period. i have a bunch of just clear liquid or discharge, maybe a little white, so i keep thinking i've started but still havent. i usually start my period on the 1st sugar pill maybe second. i have been a little sick, but nothing spectacular. My periods have always been regular. i have never skipped a period, and i've had my period for about 8 years now. if i don't start my period tonight then i doubt it going to start at all since i'll start my next pack of pills tomorrow...i may want to add that i may have not been extremely good about taking my pills everyday or at the same time. but usually its only one pill i may take late which says i don't have to use a backup contraception. my boyfriend and i never use condoms, but i am on the pill so we thought it would be fine. i took a pregnancy test after my last "period which came up negative...does it sound like i could be pregnant? i mean i still can't believe i could be on the pill.

Hi:
I am sorry about your frustration. Perhaps you have solid answers by now. The pill does have a slight chance of failure, about 1%, so it does happen. You did mention that you do miss the pill from time to time. Depending on how often you miss it, this could cause irregularity with your cycle. However, you were having other symptoms that could point to a pregancy. What did you find out? I am anxious to hear. A lot of members have your same symptoms. Please update me on your status.