I started Yaz Birth control January 14th. I was on Yasmin for almost 4 years and my period always started at the same time (Tuesday Morning). Well now i have taken two of the placebo pills and haven't even spotted. Can i be pregnant??

not necessarly...i'm on yaz for 9 months now and i always start getting my period by the 3rd day of the placebo pill.

ok i have question.
can i have sex during the (yaz) inactive pills?

I have been on Yaz for 5 months now, and I just found out I was pregnant! I havent skipped a pill or anything. I guess I should have done more research on it :cry:

i've been taking yaz for about 3 months now...never missed a pill. anyone had brownish discharge before their period? it seems like i've read alot of negative things about yaz....

I was on it for 10 months, after bad experiences with about 5 different brands of pills. The emotional c**p went away on Yaz, but my period was later than usual and I did have that gross brown discharge before it.

Yes, you can, but I would suggest that you use a condom (just precautionary) I ALWAYS use a condom along with the Yaz, it gives me better chances of not becomming pregnant (and I really dont want to right now). Anyway, the period you have on birth control is not an actual period, it is withdrawl bleeding. In other words, you're not releasing an egg and the lining of your uterus has not built up very much. The reason you bleed is because your body isnt taking the pills for a certain # of days. That's why many women choose to skip their periods while on the pill.

Also, I do not get my period until the end of the fourth and last placebo pill, sometimes even a day after that. I know it can be scary when your period seems late (trust me i know).

The Brown discharge is normal, or at least im pretty sure, because even when i had my period naturally, I got that stuff. Mine comes in very thin, light amounts. I'm almost positive that the brown discharge is just the same as normal blood, but it's so light that it's brown (ever seen old dried blood? Well it's brownish) Anyway. it all seems ok.