Hi, I am 16 years old and have a problem. I started with yasmine birth control pills last month and my period is late. Is it normal? I had intermittent bleeding during last month. Does anyone have experience with first month late and yasmin birth control?

Your body needs time to adapt on new amount of hormones. First month bleeding is common reaction. I think that you should not stop taking pills but to visit your gyn. Side effects of yasmin are very rare. You just have to take at the same time and not to forget about your daily pill.

i'm on YAZ right now and my first month of taking it i also experienced a late period. on the last day of my placebo pills i had it. your body just needs time to adapt to the hormones.

Ah the same thing happened to me! I just started and had all the ewy breakthrough bleeding and spotting, and now my period is late. Its always been regular before I started the pill, but now its late. arg

I take Yaz and I got my period on the last day of my placebo pills last month which was Saturday and it was sooo light and this month I didnt get one on Saturday and its Monday and I still havent...My boyfriend doesnt cum in me and we only had sex twice this month...Could I be pregnant?

I am having the same problems. My periods were ALWAYS regular. Now,I'm on the second month of yaz - had spotting and long period the first month and this month, my period is two days late, i'm on second white pill. I can't be pregnant,as we still practice "safe" sex so...where's my period??

i was on ortra evra before and i switched to Yasmin, but yeah my periods are off now. It takes like 3 months for your body to get use to the hormones. good luck.

STOP taking this pill!! it's horrible leading to depression, cessation of your period and much worse. Research this medication if you dont believe me. My sister in law had to be hospitalized before we realized what was going on.

Mine was late also. Your body just needs to adjust, and then it will become regular. YAZ has worked great for everyone I have talked to and I have had no side effects!

omfg, same, i'm so nervvous because i had sex like two weeks ago, (and used a condom), and its my first month on Yasmin, and i'm on the third white pill, and I haven't gotten my period yet.

WTF?

so do you just keep taking the pill??!
i've been on it for a month too, and im sixteen as well. i took my last white pill yesterday and im starting a new pack today; so do i just start it even though i haven't had any period yet?! alskdfjlksdjflsdkj.

it seems a late period is common if you're on yaz, huh? :/

This is my first month on Yazmin also. I had some spotting throughout the month. I am on the 21 pill pack and my last pill was monday. It's saturday and still nothing. Although yesterday I had a little bit of pink stuff. But then it stopped. It's so aggravating not having a real period! I heard that the first month on yazmin it's possible to skip a period. So I guess I will have to wait and see...Frustrating though!

Hey all,

I was on yasmin for 6 months and never got a period. I went to the doctor cause every month i thought i was pregnant from not getting a period. The doctor said that this pill can cause some women to not have a period at all.... for some women they would like that. I would rather have my period every month lol. anyway for all you girls out there that are on it and taking it properly your body just might like the pill and as long as you are on it and havent had a period you might not. So dont worry!

I'm on my first month of Yaz as well, and I have yet to get my period. I just took my first white pill today, but I'm still freaked out. My boyfriend and I had sex about three weeks ago, but he pulled out. I'm really worried.

I'm having the same problem. Its my second pill day but i've only had spotting. its nerve racking not to know when its going to start..