Tomorrow, I start my 6th pack of Yaz Birth control. Last month, my boyfriend called to tell me that he was coming down that weekend, and at the time I was on my white inactive pills. I decided that I didn't want to have my period while he was here, but since I had already taken some of the white pills I ended up getting my period anyway. I'm going to take my last white, inactive pill today and I still haven't gotten my period for this month yet. Did I do something wrong by skipping white, inactive pills and starting a new pack? And how long should I wait to take a pregnancy test?

P.S. About 2 weekends ago my boyfriend and I ended up having sex. The night before I was 2 hours late taking my pill because of stress and trying to get everything done for his visit the next day. I've read several different similar problems and everyone said that being 2 hours late taking your pill should not affect its contraceptive ability. Is this also true?

Just in case anyone that read this earlier might be wondering, I am in fact NOT pregnant. I've read up on a few things, and apparently some women experience late or no periods on Yaz because there are only 4 inactive pills in the pack. And I also found out that being 2 hours late taking your pill really isn't all that bad if you are on a combined birth control pill. I guess I jumped the gun on this whole thing, but it is rather stressful. I hope the information that I found helps anyone else in the future that might go through the same ordeal that I did.

I've been on yaz since October, and forthe past 2 months I have not been getting a period at all. Although I am not pregnant, i was getting worried. Thanks for sharing info that it is normal to not geta period on yaz. i feel better. :-)

I am on my first month of Yaz and have been sexually active. I have used other methods of contraceptives but being on the second inactive pill with no period was causing me some alarm. Obviously I'll continue to use extra contraceptives while I'm starting this but at least now I will not immediately assume I am pregnant. This was really helpful.

It's good to know I'm not the only one! I'm about to call the doctor tomorrow. I have been on Yaz since Nov (used to be on Ortho-Tri Lo) and I just started a new pack today and haven't had a period yet. I am sexually active, however, my boyfriend withdraws. I think I am freaking myself out. You can read a lot into this and scare yourself.

I have been on Yaz for almost a year (I think it is great for those wondering). I get my period like clockwork. I start my pill on a Tuesday, so I end on a Thursday and get my period on Monday morning (the day before I start a new pack) -- it's gone by Tuesday night. I think it is alarming to some people to not get their periods on the first or second day of inactive pills, but since Yaz only has four, it's really not that uncommon. Also, for the woman who skipped some inactive pills and started taking the active pills, you didn't put yourself at greater risk for pregnancy (as you already know =) ), but you may have altered your cycle just a little bit, by putting hormones in your body when it wasn't used to having them.

Also, to agree with others, I don't think it is that uncommon to skip a period altogether on this pill, though I would be concerned if you miss more than one -- maybe take a pregnancy test just to be sure...

If anyone is thinking of trying Yaz, I would definitely recommend it. I was unable to be on other birth control pills because they made my moods crazy and unbearable. I gave it one last shot when this pill came out last year, and I have never had any problems with it (except that it's like the only pill my insurance doesn't cover, so I have to pay full price, but it's worth it).

Thanks so much for this info! Would have been nice for the doc to tell me though when he insisted I started this new "wonder pill" ... I didn't realize the "wonder" was that I may not get a period at all.

:-) I myself have already taken three packs of Yaz pills and started the fourth yesterday. I have spent the past three days freaking out about not getting my period as I usually do. It is sort of there, but there is little blood and a lot of mucus membrane. I am glad that this missed period experience is a common thing. Thanks everyone!

HERE is some added info for you all!!

A period on the 'pill' is not a real period, it is simply bleeding from withdrawal of hormones.

YAZ has a shorter placebo week, so there is not enough of a drop in hormones to cause many women to bleed.

The first three months I used Yaz, my menstrual periods dramatically decreased almost down to nothing, just very light spotting for one day during the placebo pills. I continued to use it and about my fourth month I completely stopped geting any periods. I take the pill like clockwork, so I knew I couldn't be pregnant, although the thought crossed my mind. Although it's great not getting a period, I thought it was weird and unnatural. I still experience slight cramping and headaches during the time I would normally menstruate, but there is no blood. After reading more about this, I'm finding out this is normal with Yaz I suppose. The only major negative side effect for me is a decreased sex drive- help! Anyone else feel the same on that? Is it true you can't gain back your sex drive either? :'(

I have been on Yaz now for two months and will be started my third month tomorrow. These last four days..NO PERIOD. I have taken two pregnancy tests because I have been so scared. I don't think I will go back on Yaz and instead go back to my old brand, Yasmin. I feel really wierd about not getting a period, even though it's not a REAL period. As far as my sex drive, I noticed it did decrease but once I just had to psyche myself back into the "mood" and everything was normal again. Sometimes I had to try a little more than I used. It's good to know I'm not alone with the whole missing my period thing, it's had my boyfriend and me really scared. Thanks for all the tips, ladies.

Same here. I have been on YAZ since Aug 2006. I only had very light periods the first couple of months. I have not had a period since Feb. 2007. The only thing I feel is light cramping and maybe a small spot of blood, but that is all. I know I am not pregnant, must have done over 10 pregnancy tests since Feb 2007. I am still going to see my doctor though next week, just in case. I also want to make sure that this is normal and nothing to worry about. I just wish they would make this "side effect" more known, so people would not have to try to find answers online somewhere.

Well I havent had a period in four months. I'm not pregnant :-D , But is it normal not to have a period even though I'm a dedicated person about taking the pills every day at the dame time

I am so glad I found this page. I just started Yaz a month ago after switching from Kireva. I am on the white pills and still haven't gotten my period so I was beginning to really worry. I just had a daughter in February and don't feel that right now would be the best time for me to be preggo. So I am glad I have read through here and now feel somewhat better. I think though that just in case if I don't start I will make sure just to completely clear my stress up. Thank you all very much for the info on your past experiences. It all really did help.

I'm exactly the same way...I used to use Ortho Tri-Cylen Lo & I just switched last month Yaz. Now its my 3rd day of the white pills & i still don't have my period. I'm glad to see others have had this problem. Hopefully I get it & this is only time of this because I am a sexually active.

so i guess this is normal?