I skipped the sugar pills and started on my next pack of pills. In my second week of pills there was brown discharge and eventually I am getting some breakthrough bleeding; not alot, but kind of annoying. I read that since Tricyclen Lo isn't monophasic, it shouldn't be taken continuously but I also read that it's OK to do that with some breakthrough bleeding. I'm into my third week of pills now. Should I finish the rest of my pack WITH the sugar pills or should I continue with the next pack once I'm done with the last active pill? I am still experiencing breakthrough bleeding. How can I stop/reduce this without having to change the type of pill I'm on?

if you continue with the active pills, you will continue to spot. go on a monophasic pill to skip your periods... with a triphasic pill all you can do is postpone your period by a week by taking the last week of a new pack after your last active week of the first pack, then you need a withdrawal bleed but by this method you shouldnt spot.

Hello, I also tried skipping my sugar pills while on Orthotricyclen Lo, which was what my doctor told me to do. A week into the new pack I started having some breakthrough bleeding. It has now been an agonizingly long 10 days since the bleeding started--a small amount each day, but enough to really get on my nerves. Will this continue until my "real" period starts? Is this long of a breakthrough period something to worry about?