I have been on birth control for only a month now and I got my period a week before my pills were up. I had unprotected sex and my partner came inside of me. I do not know if it is possible to ovulate some where in-between the 7 days that I don't take the pills. The reason why I am worried is because I heard that the semen can stay inside of my body waiting for an egg to be released. Should I take the morning after pill?

semen can live for up to three days (72 hours) in certain environments, such as your body. if you took the birth control correctly (and you're on a "triphasic" birth control pill, like ortho tricyclen lo ...which delivers 3 different levels of progestin with 1 level of estrogen throughout your cycle) you should get your period when you begin taking the green set (or sugarpill week) of pills, at the end of the pack. taking the morning after pill is like taking a ton of birth control pills to immediately halt any ovulation, so it would mess up your cycle and can also reduce the effectiveness of some b.c. pills. the safest thing to do is to check with whoever is administrating the birth control... hope that helped!