I started Linessa oral BC 2 months ago (take it every day, at exact same time, never missing pills). First pack - had just a bit of spotting 2 days before starting placebos. During the placebo week I had my period. So, overall, 9 days of bleeding in varying degrees. Currently on 2nd pack (4th week). 9 days before the placebos start, same 2 days of light spotting and week-long period-like bleeding happened. Basically, my "period" appeared to come a week early. I say "period" because it followed the exact symptom pattern and flow fluctuation I've had for years. It did not seem to fit breakthrough bleeding descriptions I saw on health websites, instead being more like a full-fledged period. After I finished the active pack, this bleeding continued as light spotting into my placebo week. Does this seem like an early period, or breakthrough bleeding, or something else (implantation bleeding?!)? If I'm having breakthrough bleeding, or whatever this is, does that mean these BC pills aren't right for me, or just that my body needs another month to adjust? I just want to know how soon should I start thinking about consulting my doctor about switching to another pill, or if it's too early to tell that it's not working properly. Also, if I am experiencing breakthrough bleeding, am I not as protected during sexual intercourse, or is it still the expected 99.9%? Thank you in advance!

I had sex last month a day before my period and this month my period wasn't normal and now I'm off I'm spotting (which is normal) but usaly its dark but its light red am I pregnant.