I've been missing birth control pills . I missed two in a row and had sex (yes he ejaculated in me) then I got caught up on the pill after sex I had breakthrough bleeding then it stopped that night. Then I missed like 3 in a row then I caught up again but I've still been sexually active. I'm having breakthrough bleeding again longer that before (2days) , I know it's not a period because I'm not due until 2weeks from now. Could I be pregnant? Or does breakthrough bleeding me I'm not? Please tell me if you been in the same boat as me. I'm not worried about the pregnancy I'm just tired of these cramps and blood for no reason. HELP

Breakthrough bleeding occurs when estrogen levels in the body drop- this affects the endometrial lining in your uterus and results in breakthrough bleeding. Breakthrough bleeding that occurs after three missed pills is similar to withdrawal bleeding and caused by consistently low levels of hormones contained in the birth control pills. (This is also what causes "periods" at the end of the pill pack, and can be accompanied by cramping.)

This does not mean that you're pregnant. but it's also NOT a sign you're not. Although spotting and one-sided cramps, about 6-10 days after unprotected sex may be a sign of implantation, these implantation cramps will typically last 1-3 days. Withdrawal bleeding and cramps should subside after you have steady levels of birth control pill hormones in your system, and should subside within a week. If you have signs of pregnancy, such as nausea/morning sickness, tender breasts, or sudden weight gain, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor.

(I'm currently a few days past missed pills and experiencing breakthrough bleeding too.)  Hope you feel better. It's just caused by your body reacting to not taking the pills, and it should resolve itself in a few days to a week. If you're still having problems, get in touch with your doctor.

Hello I know you wrote this a year ago but may I ask after having missed sa few pills did you ever start a new pack??

Hi I also just want to ask.
I'm in the second week of my birth pill and I missed taking 5 days now. I got breakthrough bleeding 3days now and I had unprotected sex yesterday once. My last mens is aug.13. Should I be worried now.?