I've been on Aviane for a while and everything works perfectly. I'm wondering if I can skip the week of placebo pills and start week one pills to alter my schedule. I'd really rather not have my period during midterms and then a month later during my spring break. Will there be any bad consequences?
thanks so much for your help!

Those "reminder" pills are to help you maintain a schedule and get used to taking the pills normally. It would be a good idea for you to take them.

I know your suppose to take them normally, but what if i skip them for a week and go straight to taking week one from next months set. So that i dont have a period this month, would that be bad?

It will not affect anything except possibly your memory to remember to take the pill.

Just make sure you are vigilant in taking them as prescribed.

It is not healthy to skip your periods.

--LinZ

**edited by moderator**

Make sure you know whether your birth control is monophasic or triphasic. Skipping placebo pills and going straight into your next month's supply will only skip your period if your birth control is monophasic. I tried this while on triphasic pills, and ended up getting my period for a straight month. When I asked my doctor, she explained why it didn't work.

She wants to skip the placebo pills and instead of taking those go straight into a new pack... she's not going seven days without pills... she's simply going straight into hormone pills again.

It should be okay. Just make sure you ask your doctor to make sure. The downside is that you may start early the next cycle and it could be longer than usual.