The date is July 25, 2006. I've been on ortho tri-cyclen lo for more than 5 years now. The past two months my periods havnt been normal. they have been a lot shorter than usual and with a lot of pregnancy symptoms, but i've taken tests and they have been negative...now my question is i missed some pills this month on July 20 - July 25 (i took 11 of my active pills before missing, which means i have 10 more active and 7 inactive which i have not taken), i had unprotected sex during this time and began bleeding yesterday, July 24 (my period is not due for another 2 weeks). Is it still possible that i could be pregnant, even though im bleeding now? my breasts have been pretty sore and feel a littl heavy which is not normal for me. PLEASE HELP....let me hear your thoughts....THANK YOU...

I am having the exact same problem and its killing me not to know if I am pregnant. Is is possible that this is ovulation, and can you get pregnant during breakthrough bleeding??

It takes more than missing 1-2 pills to cause breakthrough ovulation, but you only need to miss one pill to cause breakthorugh bleeding.

Take a pregnancy test if preganncy is suspected.

carifary, due to a stressful stituation, I missed 3 pills the begining of week 2 of my pack (tri-sprintec) called my obgyn and she said throw out the pack and start new, then use back up for 2 weeks. I have been bleeding heavy like a normal period now for 5 days then it stopped. Is that considered my period? should I still use backup now that I had my period or am I safe from pregnancy during the bleeding.