hey everyone 2 days ago i went to the toilet but when i pulled down my underwear i noitcd that there was this brown patch i started to freak i thought it was poo but i checked and it had came out of my vangia im only twelve and i have never had my period i have also been getting very bad belly and back pains please help i dont want to talk to a doctor about it and i havent told my mum what do i do? :-)

Maybe that brown discharge IS your period? Your first menstrual period is more likely to be light and short than, well, a blood bath. It's quite usual to see brown or dark red fluids, rather than bright red ones, and it's quite usual for it to be thicker rather than more water-like as well. The back pain and belly cramps also make me think this is your period. 

One thing you should definitely know, hun, is that periods are completely normal and so is everything else to do with your body. Please don't be ashamed to tell your mom or a doctor, because it really is so very normal. 

Hello tot girl, Well sweety, Welcome to womanhood! You have started your period! The belly and back aches are totally normal, some women only get cramps in the belly, and some only in the back, then there are the ones I feel really bad for that get both. There is nothing to be worried or embarrassed about honey, and you should absolutely tell your mom. I am almost positive she is expecting it any time now & will be more than happy to get you the things you need to make the transition as easy as possible. Like pads and any period pain meds that you might need. If you can get through the cramps with a heating pad and rest, I would recommend that, however there are some girls and women whose cramps are so bad that they need some pain relief, my 13 year old daughters are so bad that she needs meds for hers. The one that works for her is made specially for all the unpleasant symptoms that you will notice, cramping, bloating, muscle aches, fatigue (feeling tired) it is called Midol complete, for teens, it has  pain reliever, caffeine, and an anti inflammatory in it, (all in doses that are meant for young girls and not adult women.) You should talk to your mom about what is safe for you to take. I really hope this has eased your mind about what is going on with your body. You are probably not going to be regular yet for a while, so if you don't have another period for a few months, count it as a blessing and don't worry, it will be back....sigh...ha ha  Best of luck to you my dear, you're growing up!!  I am on here daily if you ever have any other questions or just need someone to listen ok :-)

Hello! Im 13 and I need help. I told my mom about the brown stuff in my underwear and she told me I might be having my period already soon and she gave me some pads, pantyliners etc. BUT IM REALLY SCARED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT OR WHATS HAPPENING TO MY BODY. My mom hasnt taught me any of these stuff because she thought our school would. Please help. When am I supposed to be having my period? How long do periods take? And if i am having my period..Why is it brown? My breasts havent developed. Im not even wearing a training bra :L I know...Im VERY flat-chested xD But I do have public hair 'down there' but not in my armpits or anything. I think there is...but its not very visible. XD Im sorry to be interrupting your time and all..but im very embarrased to ask my mom.

Hey, I got brown stuff in my underwear today and i told my mum asap and she said it could be my period starting but i dont know, i guess it could be but i dont see why i didnt get it sooner because my boobs are a 34B american size but most of my friends who have got their periods are only 32A's or 32AA's. I am definetly ready for my period, im super prepared so..ya.

Ok the same thing happened to me, am actually 11 and have been having this brown discharge for monthes it s every month now like a period, yesterday I went to the toilet and what do u know red blood! Every girl is different so I cant tell you when it will become more red..but maybe in about 3 to 4 monthes..good luck =)

i had a brown discharge or I'm not sure if it was my period I have never had a period before I'm almost 13 and I also have cramps for my belly is this normal it was brown and gooy and it just happened yesterday and I went to sleep and woke up and didn't happen agai

Me too!!! Its so weird so and Ive never had my period before and theres been belly cramps so Ijust took some Ibuprofen and went to sleep and when i woke up there was brown spots and a bit of blood. Woohoo.

This happened to me as well and I can straight on here to find out what is happening. Glad to see I am not alone :) I am almost fourteen and I know this is embarassing, but I am too afraid to talk to my mom about this. Not going into drastic detail but I went to the bathroom today and found both red and brown discharge ( I want to say, correct me if I am wrong) in my underwear. Can someone give me a straight answer on whether or not this is my period or before my period? Thanks for reading!

I just started brown stuff yesterday , now it's like poop coming out of there're, what should I do , what does it mean , how long will it take till I get my period . PLEASE HELP

I turned 15 recently and the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago and then again after another month and now it started again yesterday. Do you know if it's my period or not??? Help?..

I posted on 2015-05-01. I realized that this was my period and now it comes monthly, this stuff that is happening is your period it's just that you may not have it on a regular month to month cycle. It takes a while for it to become regular. The only complaints I have about my period are the back pains and that I never feel up to doing all the thing I planned to do!

If there is poo coming out of there I am really not sure if it is your period or not, it may be brown discharge. You will probably get your period soon.

Ok so I have had light brown discharge for a couple of hours and I have never had a period before and I am almost 13. Can someone tell me what is happening?

Sorry I meant to say that I got the brown discharge when I was sitting down at a restaurant and I was wearing a liner and I felt really wet so I went to go check to see if it was my period but it was just light brown discharge. And I came back to the bathroom about 30min. After and there was even more. That was at like 5:30 and now it's 9:38 pm. Can someone please tell me if it is my period because I have not gotten my period yet but really want to start it. I am almost 13