So it's been 2 weeks since my last menstrual cycle started and it's now gone. Lately I've been noticing some brown discharge and I'm not quite sure what it is. My boyfriend's friend said that there is a possibility I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. Other places, I'm reading that it's just old blood from past cycles. Anyone care to tell me what I'm going through?

Hi Ashlee,

If you notice brown vaginal discharge right around the time you're ovulating, it could well be that you're experiencing what is called an ovulation bleeding. This is, as I understand it, just some old blood that comes loose when an egg is released from your ovaries and that you may then see the remains of in your underwear. Ovulation bleedings are really very light, though. 

If you're like, really bleeding heavily, then something like an infection or internal injury might be going on. If you also have pain, there is no question that you should see an OBGYN about the matter. 

HTH

Get a hpt I just went through that and I am 6 weeks pregnant. Did a hpt just to rule out the possiblity cause my tubes WERE tied and I have brown spotting and some cramping and from what I read it was implantation bleeding so I did test and it came out positive then went to doc and got another one and yes I was pregnant.

Well, my boyfriend and I last had sex right after my period ended, so I wouldn't even be ovulating then right? And we used condoms, so is there a really good chance that I'm pregnant? I'm not having any kind of cramping or anything, there's no pain at all, it's just this brown discharge. As of today, it seems to have stopped. So I dunno.

why would your bf think you were pregnant if you were using a condom? if you have been using condoms there is a good chance your not but they do break. I had a cycle for three days one week before my discharge started even though apparently I was pregnant. My tubes were tied so the test was just to rule it out because when I looked on the internet about brown spotting and alot of stuff came up about pregnancy and low and behold I am. I'd test just to rule it out.

Okay. So I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. But I'm scared that it's wrong. It seemed like a cheap test. But at the same time, I'm thinking that I'm not pregnant. My boyfriend and I last had sex on the 9th of October, almost a month ago. I didn't get the odd discharge until about 2 weeks later, when I started ovulating. I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy other than the missed period, and I'm urinating a little more often than normal. My breasts aren't sore and don't seem bigger at all. I do think I'm noticing a little more weight on my stomach though. Could it be that I'm just being paranoid about all this? Would I have noticed symptoms sooner than now? Or is this just all in my head and I'm going completely nuts here?

well it very will could be a MISCARRIAGE, i relized i had a miscarriage after my period was a couple weeks late and the blood was brown, and i hade sevre stomache pains

hope it helps

Hi so i had my regular period on March 28th till March 31. Now today April 11 I went to the bathroom and found very dark brown and reddish discharge in my underware I am experiencing some cramping also. I am on birth control but dont use condoms. Can anyone help me????

ok so alot of youguys think its a misscariage ...well im 14 and NOT sexualy active this happened to me too..2 weeks after my period this happened. im not sure exactly what it is ..but its normal im sure ,it could be an infection but wait a lil longer to see ...dont freak out and go to the doctor or get a pregnancy test 

okay so i had sex about 2 weeks ago right after my period and we were protected. a couple weeks later i noticed a reddish brown discharge in my underwear and i'm nervous of what this could be. can anyone help me out?? please??

i had two normal periods so far since i ended the petogen injection seven months ago and so far it was normal except this monnth my periods ended two weeks ago and since then me and my fiance' were very sexually active no protection what so ever i did do a test yesterday that came out negative but after the test i started getting brown spotting and period like pains im not to start until january if anyone has insight on it it would be very help full thank you

Hi, im 27 and i am goin through something similar my LMP was 23/11/12 i was due a period on the 23/12/12 nothing happened i am now 2 weeks late for my period. from the 30/12/12 i started to notice a brown discharge not much but once or twice a day when i wiped (sorry for tmi) this wenton untill 02/01/13 after this i started spotting dark brown/blackish blood like tiny little clots i have done a HPT which was negative, also been to the doctors who said repeat HPT in 2 weeks? i have no pregnancy symptoms apart for lower back pain and have been trying to concieve for 9 months? someone please help im going nuts and so wish i am pregnant....

Hi Did you turn out to be pregnant or not? I'm in that exact situation right now and so paranoid!
Thanks

Im so concerned I didnt know that I could get pregnant on a tubal ligation got fixed three years ago and having weird pain and brown discharge help:( drs have done utine but not a blood test

I am having brown discharge and it's been two weeks since my last period.I haven't had sex so I'm not pregnant.
My my my ,alot of us have brown discharge. Weird. ..I notice it when I go to bathroom it's almost light brown and when I wipe it's like ,like slick. ..whattt izzz it???