I have had cortico steroid trigger point injections and would get a bit jittery but then I was at this quacks office getting non surgical spinal decompression (fancy traction) when the machine malfunctioned and i was injured. The shot me up with cortisone and about 10 minutes later I was having a severe panic attack. The quack then loaded me up on Ativan and sent me home. I nearly feel asleep behind the wheel. After that for months I would get hive, panic attacks, sinus problems and vertigo but I did not connect the latter to the Cortisone.

Then a scumbag doctor put my on steroidal nasal sprays and the jitters and the hive returned. I still did not make the connection and neither did the money grubbing re****s who put me on this poison.

I developed hemorhoids not connected to cortisone but the quacks gave me cortisone suppositories and then the panic attacks and the hives started again. They lasted 6 months.

One would think that in 70 years since the introduction of cortisone medical "science" would come up with a safer and more effective alternative. The reason that they don't is because once you have a panic attack disorder the will try to hook you in SSRIs like Paxil.

The medical industry is 20% of the US GDP. They are gangsters.  I am a non violent person but I would not stop anyone who took the law into their own hands.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

I see your post was written quite a long time ago.  I am experiencing anxiety with severe panic attacks after having a series of injections in my groin and back.  My question is, and I hope you receive my reply is does this go away?  I also have Lyme Disease, so am wondering if this has caused a flare up of this little monster.  Thank you very much.:-)

I have a long story, three years ago I got a shot of cortisone in my sholder. tow days later I had pain in my uper arm and slowly the pain moved down my arm. As the pain moved it stop hurting where it had hurt before. After a day or two you could see the blood clots in the vein I went back to the Dr. and they did an ultra sound and told me that they were super ficial and that I souldn't have any problems with them but if I started haveing chest pains I needed to go to the ER right away. A week later I was in the hospital with clots in my lungs. The Dr. who I realy liked told me I must have the cloting gene and he did all the tests to prove it. The test all came back negative and the night before I got out of the hospital my doctor came to see me. I ask him how soon I could go back to work because I needed to make money. He said by the way haw is the sholder feeling and I said not to bad since I hadn't needed to use it since being in the hospital. His reply I GUESS THATS ONLY FAIR THAT THE CORTISONE DID SOME GOOD AFTER ALL THE HARM THAT IT CAUSED. i went back to work a few months later and was doing ok but I couldn't wait to get off of the blood thinners. After four months I got off of the meds and I felt better. Eight months later I hurt my back realy bad and after a month of trying to rehab My new Dr. wanted to send me to a specialest and told me that they would probably want to do cortisone injections and I told hem you can't give me cortisone It causes me blood clots. He said he had never heard of that but we'ed see what the specialest said. The specialest told me that he didn't beleive that the cortisone had caused my clots that it was the way it had been admimisterd and that he believed that I needed cortisone injections and sent me to an other Dr. to do them. I told the new Dr. my concerns about cortisone and he said I'VE DONE FIFTY THOUSAND OF THESE AND I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THAT YOU PUT YOURSELF IN MY HANDS AND WE'LL GET YOU FIXED UP AND EVEN GET YOU BACK OUT ON THE GOLF COURSE. Well I had the cortisone and ended up in the hospital with more blood clots in my lungs than they could count. I've been told by five Drs. that they can't believe I lived through all of that but still I haven't been able to get the right Drs. to take responsability for this they say there is no documentacion that cortisone causes blood clots and what I wondering is how many others out there have been told the same things. If you have had any problems like please let me know. Sorry it was so long but I didn't know any other way. Thanks

try antidepressants citalopramg 20mg or herbal remedies bach mimulus from holland and barratt

The medical literature doesn't report it but patients do. Google it.

It can take over a year to get back to even close to normal.

I have had a damaged knee coming up for 2 years now and after lengthy physio and podiatry, a surgeon decided to give me a cortisone injection. I had told him in detail about my two episode of clots (one straight PE, 2nd dvt that travelled to both lungs causing mutliple PE's).

He made no mention of the risk of clotting and low and behold, 4 days later I am at the hospital with two veins in my leg blocked with clots. I am waiting to see this surgeon again but am trying to find as much info about cortisone causing clots before I go in there and explain his huge error!! Like you however, I am finding it hard to find medical documentation to prove this. However, two physiotherapists I am friends with have said that it is a known , but very uncommon, side effect of cortisone injections.

Any help any one has on this for me would be great!

Ken I hope you are feeling better now!

Hi, I wanted to share my story in case it helps someone else.

I had a cortisone injection in my ankle on 7 June and two days later had the first of several anxiety attacks for the next 5 or 6 weeks. During that time, I had periods where I felt perfectly fine, even good, and other periods where I felt just horrible. I found that chamomile tea, body balance, keeping a close eye on what I ate and eating every three hours to keep my blood sugar levels normal helped this time.

I had a few episodes of depression in my 20s and about four years ago it came with GAD and panic. I have since taken Zoloft (50mg), which helped me greatly, despite having the occassional episode of anxiety since. Each episode as come and gone, lasting an average of about 10 days. My ankle injury (which is about 3 years old) is also affecting my ability to exercise the way I like.

My doctor and specialist said the anxiety was not likely to be a result of the cortisone, but it was too much of a co-inicidence for me. The injection didn't even make much of a difference to my ankle! It took about 5 or 6 weeks but I feel normal again now. I hope that anyone suffering the same thing finds some comfort from this and is feeling better soon.

I had a cortisone lumbar epidural Tues AM. By Thurs I was extremely depressed, emotionally volatile and off and on suicidal. I've since learned that people with PTSD are extremely prone to strong psychological reactions to corticosteroids. Never trust your doctor but always thoroughly research possible drug reactions yourself. I'm keeping myself at bay with Klonopin and hoping the side effects will wear off shortly.

I felt extremely fatigued after having cortisone injections a few times in different body parts. This is definitely from the injection and it is not a coincidence. A few days later, after each injection, I would get a UTI because it weakened my immune system. Now I have to go for more cortisone injections in my thumbs due to severe arthritis pain. The doctor promised to give me a small amount of cortisone so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

This is first steriod injection I've had and I regret letting podiatrist inject me in bottom of foot near Achilles heel for bone-type spur.   (abt. Jan 28, 2013) .   Will NEVER have another Steriod injection again!  Actually, I need custom orthodics for high foot arch, and doc also gave me some foot/heel exercises to stretch Achilles tendon. . --   First off, doc. didn't read my history at all or list of drugs I take.  I'm 70 yr. old female and have been on oxygen  therapy, 2  - 2 1/2 liters at night only.  Also, have been on antidepressant Nardil, since  1990.    (I warned doc that "me and drugs don't mix".) - The night following steriod  injection and for  that entire week  I suffered  very BAD insonmia for 8-9 days !  Also felt flushed and hot at times; thought was going thru menopause again. -  (doc. also prescribed Motrin which also give me insonmia and also caused shortness of breath, or so I thought .  Adults over 75 yrs. are not supposed to take Motrin).   About day 6  I began to have trouble catching my breath, bad chest pains,  heart palpitations, a feeling of heaviness in lungs/chest, & so on.   I thought it was caused  by my  having to be on oxygen at night; so for a week I did my breathing exercises for strenghtening lungs.  Didn't help much.  The shortness of breath continued and has continued;  also have been and  am very, very fatigued, with dizzy, fuzzy head,   and also mettalic taste in mouth, and here it's Feb. 17th.  Had to cancel my   last Mon. appt. with doc.  but will see  him this coming Wed.  --  On top of all  the above, I had the flu in  November, and again first part of Jan.  lasting 3 weeks in Jan., at which time I ended up in Advanced Urgent Care on a sunday.  The Jan. flu episode was worse.  Right after I saw podiatrist I caught a slight cold  and still have it.  I've been so  frightened, worried & confused, cause of all the above and not being able to think  straight or do much either.  How long does it take for this steriod to get out of an individual's system?  Maybe steriod compromised my  immune system? I'm going to try to see my primary physician this week, but he's  so booked-up;  actually I'd been considering making an appt. with a  pulmonologist doctor until I extensively researched the internet re. side effects of steriod injections and found many similar posts including this board.  If anyone can offer help or suggestions I'd  sincerely appreciate. Shall I just wait until steriod clears my system?  HELP !

hi, i had the same thing..took a good year before i felt well

I saw what you had wrong and i had the same problem just last night, i got stung by a bee, and had to go to the emergency room because i though i was all allergic so they gave me a steriod shot for the swelling and a antihistamine shot, i went home that after noon feeling better, went to bed and woke up. I was doing fine until later that night when i started to feel a little uncomfortable, ive been dealing with anxiety for three years, and i know Jesus is going to heal me from it all. Well my heart started racing and it felt like an anxiety attack, but much worse my heart beat was racing fast and i started to get sweaty. So i called ems, they check me out sent me to the hospital, and it took the doctor to say, that if someone with anxiety problems of any kind should not get steriod shots, because it causes severe panic attacks in them and there heart races. It feel like your jumping off the walls. So they game me some benedral and told me to go home. I will tell you i will never get another shot again. This was the most uncomfortable thing i felt and was scary too...all i could do was just pray and ask Jesus for help..Thank God He did i woke up this morning feeling a little better.

I received a steriod injection in my lower back and for the next three days I have had sleeplessness and extreme anxiety thank medician is not helping. I do suffer from anxiety and take Paxil and Xanax. But it has been fine until I got this shot! I don't do well with oral steriods but thought it would be different with them directly injecting it into my back. I feel like I can't catch my breath or take a deep breath even though I can breath and my pulse is fine. I'm calling my doctor in the morning cause I don't feel I can take another day of this 3 days is enough for me.

Hi

Has anyone found anymore information linking cortisone injections to blood clots in the legs or anywhere?  My mother has been getting cortisone shots for back pain (one about every 3 months) and after this last one on March 28th -- they found a blood clot in each of her legs down by her ankles.  (she was diagnosed on April 11th).  I find it odd that all of a sudden she got these clots soon after the shot and the doctors don't think that is what is causing it.  Now she is on warfarin for the next 6 months and hates it.  They want to do further testing to see what could have caused the clots because they just don't believe it was the cortison -- I think it is.  If anyone has any additional information I would really appreciate it