Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hello! I usually use paracetamol for minor pains, headaches and fever. I know its safety is well established; there are almost no side effects and it doesn't disturb my stomach. But, I have recently noticed some strange changes on my skin after taking paracetamol. I would say it is a kind of rash which appears after 30 minutes and disappears after an hour or two. I don't feel anything else but, could I be allergic to paracetamol?

Loading...

Hi! An allergic reaction is possible to any drug, even paracetamol, although it is well known as the safest drug in many ways. But, possible toxic effects, usually when overdose, are also well known. Allergic reactions are rare but possible and usually occur after 30 to 60 minutes of ingesting paracetamol. Rash is the most usual one as well as urticaria. Although you said that the rash disappeared after an hour or two I think you should report it to your doctor. You never know how serious and intensive the next allergic reaction could be.
Reply

Loading...