Hi, what could allergic reaction to alcohol be? If a person is experiencing rash all over the body when drinking alcohol, is it sign of allergic reaction?

Hi, there are some people who are allergic to alcohol. My ex-husband has been drinker for many years, but one day he got anaphylactic reaction to alcohol. He had gone ashen, he had very difficult breathing and was convulsing. His life was in great danger, and he barely survived. His condition was followed for a while, and he got some medications. He got Enephrine prescribed, to keep it with him all the time. He still drinks but not that much, although I hoped that he could quit it finally.

Well,
I know that alcohol allergy is not that often and it happens only to some people. The thing is that this allergy happens after you drink alcohol. There are several symptoms that you can experience that indicate that you have allergy to alcohol beverages. I can tell you few symptoms and you can se then if you have this allergy. You will have swellings and hives in your body. Also you will have problems with breathing and with your eyes. There are several ingredients in the alcohol beverages that might cause the allergic reaction. So you have to be careful when you drink. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

Good luck,
Karel