I get really dry and cracked hands during the winter, especially the knuckles which occasionally bleed, and was very excited to hear all the positive reviews for Ultimate Healing Gold Bond Cream. I bought the large new Ultimate Healing Gold Bond Concentrated Therapy and a small travel bottle of Ultimate Healing w/ Aloe.

When I applied both(seperately at different times throughout the day) I immediately felt relief and my dryness was practically gone. At the end of the first day though, my knuckles and skin around that area where I applied it was very red and looked more irritated than ever. I could even see the exactly where the moisturizer spread because every place I applied started to get spotty, red, and later on slightly itchy. One of my knuckles even developed small scabs that looked like they'd bled but they hadn't at all. I immediately washed it off yet the rash-like symptoms and of course the dryness are still there.

Is this an allergic reaction or just my skin recovering from extreme dryness and this will go away(or something)? I read that it might be jojoba oil although I use jojoba oil on my face with no problems. I really want to use this if this is just temporary because it does moisturize very well.

The exact same thing just happened to me...that's why I searched the topic. I can't find an answer either.

I bought this for my mother who is diabetic with sensitive skin and eczema, and it worked great at first. But after continued use, her skin seems to be burned, so she's stopped using it. I can't tell which ingredient(s) is bothering her, because they all seem to be the usual ingredients for dry and sensitive skin. So maybe it is the jojoba.

I have had the same problem - an allergic reaction to something in this. I put it on my arms, legs, chest, abdomen (yes I went nuts) and after 3 days I started itching. I washed it off last night and of course this morning, but I'm still going crazy itching. No redness (except from my nails) and no rash. This is AWFUL!!! I'm shocked - it says hypoallergenic on the bottle - thought that meant this couldn't happen

I used it once and next morning I had a rash and itching where I applied the cream. Two days later and rash is still there along with mild itching.

I've been happily using this product for years, but last bottle I bought was super thick and wouldn't even pump.
I added some water to thin it. It took a few uses before I realized the sudden allergic reaction I was experiencing
was due to this!

I realized that this gives me an allergic reaction to my face even dough I use it on my hand.

I had the same thing happen to me, once on my feet and ankles - I wasn't sure what was going on...but the next time I used Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring, my hands started burning and itching. It was awful - woke me up in the middle of the night.

There's definitely something in GB Healing that starts a weird rash. I used it sparingly with my dry skin, and after the 2nd week, my knee started itching and had a couple of bumps on the hair follicles... I used another moisturizer, went to bed, all was well. The next day, I shaved my legs and suddenly I had itchy, raised hair follicles. The point was red but they actually looked like pale, raised blotches with a red point in the middle. Doc put me on prednisone because she couldn't even figure it out. The rash went away after the 2nd day of prednisone... I unknowingly used my GB lotion again and BOOM, started right back up. I think it's the way it builds up in your skin that causes it. Good luck!

Same here! I am a person who never gets rashes or skin allergies. After using
the Hand and Body lotion for about month, I am getting a rash on my arm. Glad to see it's not just me. I will discontinue using this product.

Gold Bond Diabetic did the same thing to my hands. I have developed cracks like paper cuts and blisters. Makes parts of my hands feel like they are burned and cracks develop within the affected patches. Good bye Gold Bond!

That happened to my feet and i dont kno what to do. I used gold bond foot cream

The exact same thing happened to me with Gold Bond Strength and Resilience formula!! Identical situation! Switched to Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Skin Therapy and rash went away. Went back to Gold Bond one day and rash was back. No more Gold Bond for me.

Used Gold Bond this morning for dry feet and immediately got a rash from it. Burns itches. Don't know what to do. Took some benadryl and put clotrimzole on this evening. Will keep you posted.

I am so glad I found this post! I had really bad hives on both of my arms for three full days before I found this post and realized I might be having a reaction to my new lotion (that I put on my arms) and not that my dog allergy was worsening... If you break out in hives after using this lotion, ITS A REACTION TO THE LOTION! So wish I would've thought of that sooner... Took an additional 3 days for the hives to go away completely... Miserable! Great lotion, love the smell and feel, it is just not for sensitive skin I guess!