Lately I have this terrible red rashes on my both upper arms, which feels very itchy. I was very exposed to sun for the past few months. Is it possible that I developed solar urticaria? How can I find out?

Your symptoms are common to those known for solar urticaria, but with that disorder some other side-effects are present. Usually doctor diagnoses the condition. Usually doctors use blood testing and some other test to determine the reaction of your skin to the effects of light. Solar urticaria is very rare disease…maybe you just have a rash. Visit a doctor if you want to find out what is wrong with you.

I have solar urticaria. Solar urticaria are hives (large, itchy red bumps) that develop after only a few minutes of exposure to sunlight. The hives appear within 10 minutes of sun exposure and go away within an hour or two after leaving the sunlight. People with large affected areas often have headaches and feel weak and nauseated. Photosensitivity Reactions Sunlight and Skin Damage Merck Manual Home Edition

You may have other sun sensitive conditions that are listed below. The most common sun sensitive condition is called polymorphous light eruption.

I have created a support group for sun sensitive people. We are at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sun1/ To join, you need to join yahoo, then join our group. Please come by and say hi.
Our website is at http://sun1.awardspace.com/

We are a support group for people who suffer from sun sensitivities such as solar urticaria, lupus, porphyria sun hives, photosensitivity, sun allergy, rheumatoid arthritis and more. We share our experiences and ways of coping and living with sun sensitivity such as sunscreens, clothing, hats, sunglasses and the effectiveness of medical treatments. Sun sensitivity shows usually shows up as a bad sunburn in a very short amount of time. Sun sensitivity can be due to drugs or medications, plants, phototoxicity and diseases.

See you there,
Accents

Very possible! I get hives from being exposed for more that 30 seconds. Sometimes get strange rash formations thru my clothing. Not much can be done. Use an SPF of 50 at least. Dont go out before 20 minutes min after applying. Avoid the sun at all costs.
Hope that helps.

Kymlori