I was on effexor for 12 years and had a terrible time getting off of it.  I finally did....it is possible the way I did it  I have been free for 2 months with no side effects.  Anyone interested contact me.   I have also contacted someone who wants to file a class action suit against this company.  If you are interested in that, please contact me too.   My short term memory has been damaged by this drug.   And, if I hadn't been able to figure out how to get off of it, I would still be getting brain zaps as well as having great anxiety (which it is supposed to take care of) as well as deep depression.  Now I want to help others to get off of this dangerous drug. ...there are other ways to treat these things in a natural way.

Terry

I am trying to ween, again... I take 225 mg and it is not easy.  I too have short term memory problems and didn't know there was a relation with effexor.  Please let the person (Anna?) know that I am on that train too.

Regards,

Chris

Chris,

I know it is hard to wean off 1 bead at a time. But it really works. Please try this. We would be glad to have you involved in the class action suit. I am going to let Michael Fearon know that you are interested. He is organizing the class action suit. Where are you from? He needs that information. I have also gone to a natural doctor who has put me on natural products for depression and anxiety after I was getting close to being completely off effexor. These have really helped. She does consultations by phone if you do not live in Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks,

Terry P

I have been on Effexor for 2 years this time and want to get off it but, I am scared has I was very very sick the last time I weaned of it. The brain zaps are horrible!  Everything about withdrawing off this med is horrible.  I am scared of the long term effects.  I am from Vermont and would love to be on a class action suit for lack of education for the patients taking this medicine.

regards,

kristy Gordon 

Thanks Terry, I am touched. I have made it down to189mg and dread the next drop. I live in Montreal, Qc. Canada. Please keep in touch. Warm regards, Chris

Hi KriGor,
Have you tried weaning off 1 bead more each day. I had success and no brain zaps. I had tried other ways. I also had a natural dr. help me with natural remedies for depression/anxiety. We are having a problem getting a lawyer to take the class action suit. If anyone knows of one who will, please contact me. We need to get this med off the market.
Terry P

Hi Chris,
Have you tried removing just 1 more bead each day? It was the only way I could get off of it. I could not drop to the next milligram. It only gave me brain zaps and other complications. Even though I have been off of it for at least 5 months, I am having terrible insomnia. We would like to have a class action suit, but can't find a lawyer who is willing to take it. Please keep in touch.
Terry

I am 28 years old and took Effexor for about 3-4 years and it did help with my anxiety a bit. After a while I started feeling cognitively declined and started to seriously worry so I tapered myself off over a month or two period. It has been almost two years since I've been off and let me just say... My brain is nothing like it used to be. I cannot remember anything! Short term as long term. I am in a 24/7 brain fog and am very "slow" when it comes to processing information. I feel like I am in my 90s getting dementia or something! I never used to be like this. I am smart enough to recognize that within the last 2 years, my cognitive functioning had dramatically changed. My brain feels like it is damaged and I struggle to focus and be alert enough to even pay attention. I feel so lost and helpless because I cannot see what the problem is or know what to do about it. I understand that it's possible that my anxiety is causing the brain fog but that doesn't explain the memory issues. I have been considering seeing a professional again to try to get back on medication but fear that I will just be prescribed another chemical that who knows what is doing to my brain. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Send me yr information i am taking venlafaxine 75mg is the same effexor.my doctor it will help me with my back pain leg pain.i have no other problem when i starded taking this medication.n more