There are a few of us who want to do something about the damage effexor has done to all of us.  We need to hear from other people who want to be involved in this  I know there are a lot of you, but we need to hear from you.

Thank you,

Theresa

i was takeing effexor along with pain and nerve meds i had sucidal thoughts on this drug from the time it was in my systemi tried to take my life on this drug and almost did.. was in hospital for a while im fine now never before had i even thought of such a thing and not since ..my email is johnsons5girls@att,net i am interested in fileing with the suit    randy johnson

Hi Randy,

Michael Fearon is handling the class action suit. I am passing your name onto him. Let me know that you have gotten this. Many of us have been damaged by this drug and we need to get it off the market.

Terry P

Also, I have been helped by a naturopathic dr. while I was getting off of the Effexor. Anyone who is interested in her help, let me know. She can do phone consultations if you are not in her area. She saved my life by putting me on a program with natural things for depression and anxiety.

I am still trying to get in with my password, but it still isn't taking it.

I would like to join. I have lost any chance of getting my diploma that cost my family and I $17,000 thanks to Effexor. Most of all it took away that dream of having that diploma in my hand right now and doing the work that I love. It has caused me to gain quite a bit of weight and has only worssend my depression. I am terrified to get off of it because of the side effects. It has ruined my life in the short period I've been on it. I'm 22 years old and I can't participate fully in my life. Please let me know how I can join.

Terryann, how are you.  If you still have my email and telephone number please contact me.  I am going to resend.  

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My daughter and I were both prescribed a number of meds for depression and anxiety. Both of us attempted to take our lives on a nbeer of occasions. What saddens me is that my daughter is only 14. Her severe depression instigated my depression and anxiety. I am willing to work with anyone who can help us stop this insanity.

I have already responded on this and am just wondering if there is an update of any kind.....does it appear that a class action suit is gonna happen or just where are we at now....   ???  Thanks Jessie Jenson

I was put of Effexor to combat effects of menopause, instead of taking hormones (my mother had breast cancer). It was recommended by both the GYN and the PG.

I was never told that this drug makes you physically addicted. I was told not to stop suddenly and taper it down when I want to quit but not even one doctor mentioned that you can's skip a dosage without feeling terrible. Brain zaps, confusion, not being able to concentrate, and feeling of general malaise. The first time it happened I didn't know what hit me. Now I know the feeling and when it happens (about 10 hours after skipping a pill), I take one and still it takes a few hours to get back to normal. I tried to get off it by cutting down the dosage and after 2 weeks went back up. I didn't have physical reactions but the anxiety made it impossible to function normally.

It make me very mad that I was never told about the physical addiction it creates. I really feel a class action suit is in order. The poor doctors probably were not aware of it but the drug company, I am sure, was. They just didn't publicize it.

I would like to contribute my Effexor issues, but was hoping i could do so anonymously. I was only on effexor for about a year and a half, but I was on 225 mg for most of my tenure. I now have memory issues, I gained nearly 20 pounds and am currently experiencing the hellish withdrawal symptoms others have mentioned in the past.

My memory has also been badly affected. I had applied for another job doing data entry and they let me go after only 3 days because I could not keep what I was being taught in my mind. It was humiluating. AFter I've done data entry all my life and had to learn a new system...I was actually shocked that this had happened. Are you still trying to get off of the drug? It just doesn't seem right that no one can sue this company because they are such a big pharm. industry. It is thoroughly disgusting.

I am going through withdrawal at this time I have filed bankruptcy and Will probally lose my home and husband because of this drug effexor.. Did not realize it until now that it was the effexor. Major gambling problem and 2 days after stoipping iEFFEXOR i HAve NO URGE TO GAMBLE LITTLE TO LATE NOW...........

The same thing happen to me and more!!!

I have given up on ever taking this company on. There doesn't seem to be a lawyer who is willing to do this. I am sorry for all of us who have suffered. But it seems like a lost cause. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks,
Terry

Theresa I have been on effexor xr 75 37.5 and 150mgs for 3 years now. I attempted to wean off once via ok from doctor. It took 3 months for rhe side effects to wear off to where I could function without klonopan to help with the brain zaps , nausea, manic episodes, nightmares, loss of appetite, migraine, insomnia the list goes on. I also lost partial vision in my left eye. I was able to stay off for about 8 months but I have anorexia, severe ptsd, generalized anxiety disorder and add. I had to be put back on a low dose of effexor which causes extreme fatigue. My doctor advises I do not woek due to possibly having impaired concentration while on this medicine and can not drive after I take it. The heart palpitations are constant and often leave me with dizziness and short of breath. Please contact me I'd like to be involved in this suit. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use