Anyone who wants to be involved in a class action suit for effexor, please contact me. 

Theresa

I have been prescribed Effexor, and I find myself being in a fog and not being able to function. My email is _[removed]_

I weened myself off of this horrific poison 2 years and 6 months ago. I know full well the side effects (brain freezes, nightmares, impotence, insomnia, extreme attention deficit, and the extremely violent episodes resulting from the contraindications with alcohol, which no one in the psychiatric field will warn you of)... Please let me know whatever i can do to bring justice to the hundreds of thousands of people who have experienced this living hell, and God willing we can help to take this awful drug off the market!

I have been on this drug for 4 years. I tried to tapper off and cannot. I am severely addicted. Memory loss, rage, crying for nothing out of nowhere, and the brain zaps cause my to have hypertension and anxiety attacks. I am in need of advice, would love to join a lawsuit. This should be prescribed with severe addiction warnings and it is not. Would love to talk about this with you, or anone who wants to. I am so glad I am not alone.

I'm in. This stuff is the devil's own poison.

I am seriously interested in this. I have been on effexor xr 225mg for over 14 years and can honestly say it has ruined a lot of my life. I've been off it for about 2 wks thankfully and hope it lasts. Although, I have tried to quit in the past with terrible consequences. This drug should never have been put on the market and should be taken off immediately!

Tryitng to get my daughter off this horrific drug. She is down to 7 mgs a day. Took over seven months. My husband and I go through a nightmare. She doesn't eat or sleep. Walks outside in pjs. doesn''t know what she is doing. I think all psyciatrists that prescribe this demon drug should take it and then try getting themselves off it. I can't work at this time because I have to look out for her

I was paralyzed for two weeks and left with a numb non fully functioning leg and a numb hand...plus some buzzing in my head....is there anything going on for a lawsuit????

Have you started your lawsuit? I took effexor for 14 years. Noel

have you started the lawsuit?

Just thought I'd throw in a different perspective here. I have been on Effexor for 3 years now. I have never tried to get off the drug, but I know that missing just one dose produces some pretty horrid symptoms. However, there is no urge for me to get off of Effexor.

I was prescribed it because of my severe depression and anxiety. In conjunction with the Effexor, I have been in therapy. Once a week, every week. I have to say, I have never felt better in my life. Both therapy and meds have made my life better. I understand I may be on medicine for the rest of my life, but I'm okay with that. Life before therapy and meds was unbearable. I was suicidal, hurt myself to cope, and flunked out of college because I could not get out of bed. I spent hours, sometimes days, sobbing uncontrollably and coming up with different methods of killing myself. I would NEVER want to go back to that again. I lived in a home for 21 years that was filled with abuse, but I also had a family history of mental illness. Truthfully, the combination of Effexor and therapy saved my life.

Many of you may have heard of the Nature vs. Nurture debate. Therapy has and continues to help me get past the "nurture" part of life that affected me (or lack thereof of nurturing parents! ha!). Medication has helped me get past the "nature" part (the mental illness that runs in my family).

Now I know not everyone is in the same boat as I am. I am committed to taking the medicine for life, the same way I am committed to taking my asthma medication for life. They are both illnesses/diseases/whatever that will not go away, but may get better with time. However, both need to be monitored and attacks/bouts can be prevented with daily doses of medicine. Other people may be on Effexor without similar history. Maybe your childhood or life was generally happy. Maybe there is no history of mental illness in your family. Maybe you just have anxiety or mild depression. Those can be some of the reasons you want off of the drug.

Ultimately, I think calling it a poison isn't accurate. I sincerely believe the problem is with our medical system and not the drugs in question. Antidepressants life Effexor are over-prescribed. I'm willing to bet, a good chunk of the people that want off probably didn't need it in the first place. I, for one, was in therapy first for a few months before meeting with a psychiatrist (and after having a physical/bloodwork done to rule out other illnesses) who determined I needed medication to help with my battle. Therapy alone wasn't cutting it.

Also, I think we have to keep in mind that all medications have side effects, even OTC meds. There will always be adverse reactions. I was on Lexapro first. After multiple meetings with my psychiatrist, we realized it wasn't the one for me. I had some slight side effects, but the drug didn't seem to be helping to alleviate my depression, only my anxiety. That's when I was weaned off and switched to Effexor. If I ever had any side effects (like I did with Lexapro), I would tell my psychiatrist or doctor at the time. If the side effects weren't manageable, they knew it wasn't right for me. If you have an adverse reaction to ANY medication, let your health professional know! If they don't do anything about it, then you've got a lousy doctor!

Hope my perspective has been helpful. I just wanted to share my experience on Effexor.

I was on Effexor for over 4 years... been off of the drug since May 2012. I spent 3.5 months weaning off of it. I have not recovered completely. I want in on the lawsuit.

It seems there is no lawsuit......This drug RUINED my life.......

my mother has been on effexor for about 14 yrs and she has serious issues it has destroyed her life she is scared to even come out of her bedroom she has severe anxiety attacks if she even thinks she has to leave the house she will be smiling one sec and bawling her eyes out the next for no reason, she will stay awake for days or sleep for a week straight and alot more .....she is not the same mother i used to have she just isnt the same anymore , i want my 2kids to have the person i had, the happy memories not look back and remember a grandmother that they barley see bc she cant leave her room and i realize that the damage is prob done and she prob wont ever be the same but thats the reason these money hungrey s.o.b.'s shld hear what their drug has done to families bc now my kids wont have that loving happy experience w my mother that i had and it upsets me bc my mom was an original mary poppins she let us help her bake cookies and she did arts and crafts with us and she played games with us and my kids wont have that so i need info on if there is a lawsuit and what my mother needs to do if anybody knows how she shld go about this??? thanx for any help

I'm sorry what your mom has gone through. It's a travesty what is happening to people on this drug and those who want to get off of it. I really wished someone would accept a class action suit because this is as bad as the drugs that already have class acction suits. It is hard to get a lawyer to accept fighting against this drug company. I keep hoping someone will know someone who can take them on.