I am looking for people who know of or want to start a class action law suit against the manufacturer of Effexor. If this is you or you know of someone, please reply here or have them do so. Thank you.

Please contact me about class action law suit against the manaufacturer of effexor.

I would love to file a lawsuit against effexor.

Would love to join or be part of a class action lawsuit against the makers of effexor. I was on that nasty stuff for EIGHT years. Not only did I attempt suicide while on it, I have been going through some MAJOR withdrawal symptoms trying to get off of it. NO ONE forewarned me of what I was going to go through.

If anyone starts a lawsuit or knows of an existing one... please contact me.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

My husband has been on this stuff for almost 2 years it has caused him to be suicidal.I know he loves me and the childern but his whole personality has changed he is distant, moody, says mean hateful things.I worry about him costantly, the choices he is making are destroying are family my childern are 6,5,19 months and I have one on the way. We are trying to get him off this terrible stuff but he keeps getting these brain waves. I sent him to the doctor for help when he was diagnosed with cancer the second time with cancer because he was depressed never in my wildest dreams did I think this would destroy my family.He would also like to join a lawsuit against this awful medication. I just want to get him off of this medication and back to the loving husband and father he used to be if anyone has any information on a lawsuit please let me know.

I have been on the antidepressant Effexor for two years (300 mg/daily) and have tried unsuccessfully to get off of it twice, because the withdrawal symptoms are so horrible. I was not informed about any withdrawal symptoms before I started taking it, in fact I was told that the withdrawal symptoms are few and rare. I can't miss a single dose without it resulting in the worst headaches imaginable, chills, and nausea and the symptoms grow systematically worse the longer I go without it. Last attempt was a month of weaning off slowly, when I finally quit I spent 4 days laying in bed with the worst headache I have ever had, vomiting, dizziness, this funny zapping feeling behind my eyes. I have 4 year old twin boy....I couldn't do it and take care of them at the same time. Trying to wean off slowly does not make a difference. I have done a lot a research and it appears that there are many others out there suffering from this same problem. Is there anything that can be done about this? This drug is poison, impossible to get off of, and ruining people's lives, mine included. I'm thoroughly angry at this company for not warning about the side effects of this drug!

I am currently on Effexor, 225 mg a day. This is the first I'm hearing about how bad it is.
I've been on it for about 3 years. My depression has gotten 10 times worse, I'm tired all
the time, my anxiety is over the top, I am a self mutilator but I do it more now for relief
since the emotional pain I feel is almost intolerable. All this and I just assumed it was a
side effect like most antidepressants. I had no idea it was the pills acting as poison.
Now I've heard this, I'm definately talking to my doctor to change me to something
else, since I've tried almost everything else, I don't know what's left. I need something
to act as an anti depressant and anti anxiety/panic. What's left to try? If anyone could
give me more details on the problems with Effexor, please do. Thank you. %-)

I am already part of a class action lawsuit regarding Effexor XR. I was on Effexor XR. for over 9 yrs. My son was born on this horrible drug 8yrs. ago because I was told that been pregnant & breastfeeding would be fine while taking Effexor XR. He has endured his own hardships from being born on this drug & it is still effecting him 8yrs. later. Babies are now being treated w/ methadone that are born on this drug & the Drs. did nothing for my son, as I had to sit by a watch him suffer!!! Basically what is has happened to all of you is Effexor has damaged your digestive system (& any newborns) causing you to develop a malasorbtion disorder, ie. CELIAC!!! When this happens, as you take the drug, your body isn't absorbing the chemicals & you start having adverse, withdrawal, side effects even though you are still on the drug. Also, the food you eat will cause a CELIAC reaction, internally & also including skin lesions (Dermatitis Herpetiformis)&/or a possible fungal, skin infection (malassezia furfur).

Having had to already go through the painful process of DETOXING off this drug, I hope what I'm about to write might help some one else who is about to start this living hell of an ordeal!!! 1st. off, I am not a Dr. Please... take what you want from my post & decide what is best for you & your own situation. I would never tell anyone to just stop taking their meds., but IMHO, weening yourself off this drug is not going to save you any pain or suffering, it will just prolong it. If you tell your Dr. you want to quit this drug & he/she offers you Lexapro or Paxil... run, run as fast as you can!!! They are all the same, cause the same adverse reactions & are all under the same type of class action lawsuit. Before you stop this drug, get on a candida or celiac diet. (I do the candida diet because it is easier for me to follow.) Take Benadryl, fish oil pills & a live, liquid probiotic (20 billion +) to help ease the mental symptoms. For the physical symptoms take Magnesium. This will help with the muscle & joint pain. You will most likely have muscle spasms & lower back pain, which in turn will cause you to have a spastic colon &/or spastic bladder. Magnesium will help stop that & keep you from having to go to the ER because you haven't gone to the bathroom for over 2 day. (trust me, I know!!!) It will also help w/ your agitation & psycho-motor-retardation issues. If you have the fungal skin issues, fresh, ground ginger works the best. Take pills orally & make a tea to rub on the lesions. It wil pull the yeast/fungus out of your pores. Must of all, get some support, the more the better!!! You are not going to get better over night. This is going to be a long battle but it does get better over time. As for the Celiac issue, this will not go away. Start educating yourself & accept that you will be on this diet for the rest of your life. Sorry!!! My thoughts & prayers go out to everyone who is suffering due to this EVIL drug.

I'm more than willing to join a class action lawsuit against Effexor. I've been looking for one for 2 years.

To the guest who replied on 3/23/11 is there a way to get in contact with you or into this class action suit? I've been trying for two years to get one started and not getting much help and I would really appreciate any help/advice you can give.

To the guest who replied on 3/23/11 is there a way to get in contact with you or into this class action suit? I've been trying for two years to get one started and not getting much help and I would really appreciate any help/advice you can give. I can send my email address if needed.

if anyone can help me join a class action against effexor please email me, i was on effexor for nearly 2 months and in that time ive managed to lose my entire familys love and trust because of explosive and hateful behavior, i was even arrested because of this drug, i was never told about the withdrawal affects it has and not to mention that it brings out the dark side of most who take it. my doc put me on prozac to help with the witdrawal after i was arrested and released on bail. my own mother told me that i am dead to her, i cant even remember what i said to have my whole family hate me.

I would also liked to be contacted by anyone on this matter, please email me . Thank You Very Much!

I would also like to be contacted. After almost 15 years of taking 300 mil a day, I was dropped from state medical and forced to go cold turkey. That was over a year ago, and the withdrawals have left me incapacitated.  Plus, approximately 11 years ago,  I was transported to a major heart hospital and waking up 5 days later with chf and massive heart damage and not expected to survive. At the time, not knowing that it was one of the side affects of Effexor xr, and not pinpointing where it originated, they weren't sure how it happened. I had never been sick, no heart problems prior, and none in the family, it was a complete mystery.  I have stuggled every single day since, not able to do the simplist of tasks such as doing dishes. At the time, I was a single mom of a 7 year daughter, and all I wanted was to see her grown. She is now 17, our life has been miserable, unable to work, barely able to care for her, and a meer shell of a person, on top of the depression and withdrawals. Our life has been ruined and my life cut short. Pursuing

Does anyone have any additional information about a potential class action lawsuit regarding Effexor XR? I have searched high and low for an attorney, willing to take my case.