I also have a thyroid problem and my naturopath has put me on a natural thyroid med called Armor Thyroid and it has helped my thyroid.   Effexor does not help thyroid.  Stay as far away from this medication as possible.  I was on it for 12 years and have had many side effects, including loss of memory.  This has affected me learning a job....I can't remember what I am being trained on...therefore cannot get a job of this type.   I weaned myself SLOWLY off and am now on natural things for depression and anxiety that will not harm me.   Look for a homeopathic or naturopathic doctor to deal with these issues....DON'T TAKE EFFEXOR....you can read of all the side effects by people on line.   I am looking for someone to start a class action suit to get this horrible drug off the market.

I took Effexor for about a year for anxiety and it just made everything worse. My anxiety got ten times worse and I was feeling awful. I also started getting really paranoid and my mind was always in a fog. It made me yawn like every ten seconds and I started feeling depressed. I hate that drug!

You can get off of this drug. I was able to through a naturopathic doctor who I trust. I would like to tell you how but I don't know if the pharmaceutical industry is watching what we say. She put me on some homeopathic remedies for depression and anxiety. I was on effexor for 12 long years and just recently am free from it. If I can help you in anyway, email me

My doctor weaned me off of it slowly and put me on Lexapro and it is working great for me. I don't think anyone should take Effexor! It's a a terrible drug and makes everything worse. I'm glad you were able to get off it. 12 years is a long time!

I'm so glad Lexapro is working for you. I agree that no one should tke Effexor. I"m surprised there hasn't been a class action suit by now.

Let's hope there will be one.

We are forming a classaction suit against Effexor...anyone interested, please go to facebook and look under the subject of Effexor lawsuit. Since we cannot put our emails on this site, we have decided to go this route. Please sign up for this if interested. We are determined to do something about it. It will be a closed facebook..so only those who are really interested will be involved.

I've had different sets of medicine for 5 years including Effexor, which I like to call "the happy pill". Being Bipolar, before I was finally stable and settled on one combination of meds, my doctor played with my Effexor a few times. During times when I was too depressed or unmotivated to work, a very little increase in my Effexor's dosage would immediately boost up my mood. Whenever obviously I felt that I was too "high" and started to lose control over my mood, my doctor would tune it down a bit. Didn't notice any side effects from it.