I've been on Effexor XR for about four years, and about three years ago I attempted to gradually reduce my dose until I was off it, but once I did so I had intense nausea. It got to the point where I forgot what it was like to just be. I had to choose between hungry or being nauseous, and it was a battle every day keeping food down. I tried telling myself that it was just withdrawal and it would pass, but two months went by and nothing changed, so I went back on Effexor, and I could once again eat and digest food just fine. I then decided I needed to move on with my life, I couldn't revolve it around trying to get off this medication, so I've just been taking it ever since. I've been learning more about how cannabis can help with a wide variety of symptoms, and was hoping someone had experience with treating nausea withdrawal symptoms or, though I doubt it, if you know of someone that used cannabis to help them get off of Effexor. Thanks!

ive been on effexor for 4 years too got down to 37,5 for a month and then half that for last week now its been almost 5 days and getting there brain shivvers drives me crazy but i did notice if i smoked a little pot it helped hopefully this will end soon

I was on Effexor for almost a year and I hated being on meds. I took 3 pills a day. I changed that to 2 pills and I smoked weed during the day. I stopped all pills now and just smoke. The pills did help when I needed them but it's time to take back my health. The cannabis made me very even keeled so that I could go though the day handling my business effectively. I have been of the pills for 6 weeks now with zero withdrawal symptoms.

I have been using relaxing and sleep pot to combat side effects of coming off Effexor. I only use when necessary and smallest amount needed to do the trick. living in Colorado hadn't been in a pot shop until I thought this may help and it has for me. I have been on 75 mg of Effexor for 7 years. Side affects were what made me want to get off the drug, but didn't realize how hard it would be to even to go down half a dose 37.5 mg daily. Crazy side affects including brain fog, headaches, depression, anxiety.... the list goes on. The small amount of pot has helped so much. I think it's important to get the good stuff.... and now it's easy to get a pot pill that is for sleep, relax, nausea etc if you live in a pot friendly state.

hi , i have been on the c**p for 20 years, and thought my doc would help, but no. i smoke pot 2 years now and am on 150mg effexor, i thought maybe go off slowly then stop
, how is your journey

That's what I did. Just stopped about two weeks ago. Amazing. Hope it works out for you.

I was on Effexor 150 for 10 years approximately. The side effects of reducing/cessation in my case were severe- glad I read the experiences of others or I would have thought I was dying! The first week I had a bout of vomiting that last eight long hours. I started taking 10-20 milligrams of edibles and a z quill at night. Things have vastly improved. I would recommend keeping a brief journal to track what worked and what to stay away from. Avoid stress and know, this too will pass❤️

I'm in the same boat as you. I want off this so much but can't handle the brain shivers. I fear them. I'm hoping that CDB(?) May help. I am just beginning to look into it. Got any advice?

Getting off effector right now.. with CBD oil. It's not been hard at all. The CBD oil has been EXTREMELY helpful in combating all detox symptoms. From restlessness to non sleep to anxiety and depression. Use it.. it works so so well for me good luck in your journey

I’m going through a 30-day reduced dosage withdrawal and about half way through I started really feeling it. Migraines, dizziness, nauseousness with movement and an inability to focus on anything. I’m about to give up but I decided to try an edible today and it did help. Thanks for those who posted about this. I hope it helps someone else. I’m going to keep using edibles until I get past the worst of this.

What type of CBD oil have you been using? Want to get off venlafaxine 150mg. Thank you

I'm on 100 mg pristiq but can't handle the withdrawals. I'd like to get some cbd oil as I'm in recovery so I can't smoke weed. Can u tell me what online vendor u used and how much will i need to get thru the withdrawals approximately. Im on a tight budget and have seen vendors that sell it really cheap to vendors that charge alot.

I am also taking 150mg and this is day 5 cold turkey. Brain zaps and fog don’t seem to be affected much by smoking weed but the depression and random crying are totally relieved (for me anyway) when I smoke. I found that you don’t have to smoke much; in fact the more you smoke just seems to be wasteful. I want to try CBD oil but don’t know how much, type, etc.
Anyone have any advice?

I got my vape juice from creating better days. I am coming off 150 mg too and other meds. I am day 2 without meds and normally i would feel almost dead but the CBD Oil does seem to be working for me. Fingers crossed.

Research HempWorx CBD Oil. I'm using it for pain, and want to also try to get off Effexor. Been feeling great. You buy it online through someone who is an affiliate. My cousin is an affiliate if you want to message her on Facebook. Sheryl Frombach Nelson
Good luck!