I wanted to make this petition known to those of you who are having Effexor "problems" like myself. "Problems" does not even begin to describe any subject related to Effexor. I know many of you will agree.

I found this petition while researching more Effexor "problems" and I thought I would share it with all of you. I, personally, have agreed to sign it and I am in no way pressuring you to do the same, but if you feel the need like I did, go for it. This is your choice and I know you all will do as you see fit. Thanks.

petitiononline.com/effexor/petition.html

Have been sick for so long that I don't even emember what it felt like to feel good. Stomach problem, brain and body zaps, aches and pains, extreme fatigue.....the list goes on. To top it ALL of, this is while I've BEEN ON the medication (Effexor XR 150mg per day). I NEVER knew that EFFEXOR was causing all of these problems until I started researching it and finding out that SOOOO many other people are having the SAME EXACT problems. I'm TERRIFIED to stop taking it, if it's this bad ON it, what the heck is it going to feel like when I quit completely??? Shame on Wyeth-Ayerst for not taking this drug off the market. SHAME on the doctor's that are STILL precribing it. I have a doctor's appton Monday to talk to my doctor about this horrible drug and ask him what the heck I can do to get off it. If you have never taken this drug DON'T!!!!!!!! They should have warned ALL of us! All my love a support to those of you that are going the though the same thing that I am. Good luck and spread the word.

When my doctor prescribed Effexor I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.However I quickly gained a tolerance to the dosage and the doctor told me I could take up to 150mg/day if I wanted to.I shouldv'e known this was a warning sign!!!I had severe sweating,and the strange dreams and immediate bad feelings if I forgot a dose.
This and the price of the darn stuff!
I successfully tapered my dosage down to one a day but am now trying to withdraw from it completely.I wish someone would have told me how addicting this med is.To make things worse,I wasn't even suffering from bad depression when I started taking it.My doctor said it would help with body aches and pains and keep me in a better mood.Apparently so does heroin.
In defense of my doctor,I really didn't experience many bad side effects while taking the drug..just horrible ones when I tried to get off it.It's been 3 days now and I am hoping the withdrawal will get better with time.If you are prescribed this drug.. weigh the consequences before you get hooked on it like I did.

I

I been on the drug for 6 years. Starting on 37.5 go up to 300mg. It did work at first then stopped working for me. No one should be on this drug.

Never again will I go on Effexor or any other antidepressant for that matter. Read the CPS since the information package that comes with the medication is strictly tailored to side effects and other minor details. What about duration of usage? According to the CPS, recent (2010) and older (1995), this drug was only studied in short term studies (i.e. 3m months or 12 weeks)! Now why was this not mentioned in the information package? I'll leave that one to you.

I've been on a daily dose of 150mg of Effexor XR for 8 years...  I was a severe agoraphobic and couldn't leave my house for years...  this drug helped me to battle the demons and I've been doing great since I've been on it.

I do sympathize with the withdrawal effects as they can appear with just one missed dose...  the body zaps are the worst...  I currently sweat profusely (which, combined with the fact that I'm also menopausal, is horrid)...  I'm not sure if any of my other health problems/symptoms are caused by Effexor or not, I just know that I'm terrified to go off of them for the fear of reverting to my pre-Effexor mental state...

I have tried Celexa, but it had the exact opposite effect and I became angry, sad and suicidal...

They still haven't fixed anything. Please sign this petition to make Pfizer help people get off this drug.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Where is the petition? I am suffering, as well.