LKatt, I don't understand why you would refuse to prescribe it. I've tried dozens of meds, and on Effexor... I FINALLY felt right. It was the only thing that ever worked for me... and I really miss it (I went off cold turkey about a month ago for personal issues). I'm gonna have to get back on it in a few weeks, because I really feel horrible without it, even after it should've been out of my system. Effexor was a godsend for me. It saved my life, literally.

Memory,
Thank you. I know, Effexor did really help me out at the lower doses, and it's advantage in treatment is it's quick action. I think in combination (when needed) it is great with Wellbutrin. And before I took it myself, I was aware of the withdrawal issues and always warned patients not to stop cold turkey, to go off verrry gradually. I just had no idea how dangerous the withdrawal could be. It could interfere with driving, it has made people think they have had a stroke, and the withdrawal does not disappear very quickly in some people. There is a longer-acting SNRI that has come out recently (duloxetine, I believe). It may be a better choice, and/or something that may help people reduce gradually who have Effexor discontinuation syndrome.
I'll try not to let my personal experience completely cloud my professional judgement! Thanks again for your comment,
LKatt/AnneT

This topic is being closed due to having too many posts.

Please continue posting within the following one:

Effexor XR withdrawal – Part 2