I think I am having allergic reaction on Fentynal. My muscle is little swollen. I have got shot few days ago, because of severe pain I had. Please tell me what possible side effects of Fentynal are?

Possible side effects of Fentynal are: drowsiness, dizziness, pain at the site of injection, nausea, pain, vomiting, headache and constipation, trouble sleeping or sweating. It is unlikely even that you are having allergic reaction on this drug, symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. If you think that you are having allergic reaction call your doctor immediately or if you notice other effects not listed above.

You should not use fentanyl you should get off of it asap!!

Fentanyl is not safe if you look it up on google there are many warnings about it and that you would be safer to not take it.

My brother was using fentanyl patches an it ruined his kidneys, his doctors were perscribing him to much and my parents went to the doctors and confronted them about it and they didnt have much to say..

2 months later

My brother is now dead at 27 years old

If thats not enough to keep you from not taking this med then i dont know what is...

Lyndsay

death is a side effect and im not just trying to scare you im serious

I have peripheral neuropathy associated with a traumatic injury and limb amputations more then 30 years ago. For 27 years I suffered. I mean seriously suffered, PAIN EVERY DAY, a matter of degree was the only variation. I have and very occasionally still do have breakthrough pain that will take years OFF YOUR LIFE....Pain that makes you feel like your having a heart attack and cannot go on.

Granted that Fentynal is a Serious POWERFUL Medicine. However, the patches have changed my life almost ALL FOR THE BETTER! One day, after better then two dozen years of suffering, my doctor (who is a saint by the way) decided to give me a chance. HE SAVED MY LIFE!!!!

I know there are many people who have no business using the drug due to the fact is so STRONG, and takes a strong mind, strong will, and DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED IN Using it for Pain Relief. For those of us whose lives have actually been saved by pain relief. Cut us some slack, there is nothing else for us but suffering.

If you find the trade off of side effects or dependence\tolerance too much to bear, to much responsibility then I think you have probably not suffered the sort of pain I have. No matter how foul a side effect or big of a hassle the prescriptions can be, I have a PAIN FRAME OF REFERENCE that makes it ALL WORTHWHILE....

Just my view point, the medicine is DEFINITELY not for everyone, but for those of us who have been saved by it. Cut us just a tiny bit of slack and withhold judgment on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ill tell you something, my brother had chronic pain in his back, he screwed it up so bad, from lifting at work and everything else combined.
He has been taking the patch and we talk to his doctors about it because he was acting really weird on it and next thing you know three months later we find him dead after his fiance gets home from work. I dont care how much pain your in there is other medicine out there and i dont think the patch is the safest medicine. He was only 27 and a recovering drug addict he was cleaning his life up he was done and out of that whole scene for a year and about two months, he has two kids who are 6 and 7 and they have lost there father to this screwed up drug that the doctors shouldnt have even given him. We are taking the doctor to court who would not listen to us in the beginning. Do you have a son, do you have a brother who died when you were only 16, I dont know if you do, but one things is for sure losing your son and or brother when he is only 27 is more pain than any disease in this world.

I have RSD and have also been on the drug tilt a whirl till I got the patch. I'm on 75mcg plus others of course but it's sure helped a LOT!!! You seem to have a lot of misplaced anger. It should be towards the Dr. if he knew your brother was a drug addict AT ALL, he should have NEVER prescribed the patch. It is only for people with long standing chronic pain with strong emotional backgrounds who can handle it. Like you said, there are so many other drugs he could have been given that he could have handled in less of a dose. Sorry for your loss, but for many others of us it works just fine without any problems God Bless