I have problems with acne since my puberty and I want to stop this. One friend of mine told me there are some medicines that could help me. When I visited my dermatologist, he told me I should try with Minocycline. Now I wonder if that is good enough medicine to treat acne. I want to know all about rare side effects and everything about this drug before I start to use it.

Minocycline pills are antibiotics, which has been used since 1970’s and it showed as great acne therapy. It kills bacteria and doing this more effectively than many other acne pills. These pills reduce redness, swelling and tenderness of pimples, which is the most annoying thing about acne. Beside this medicine is the most effective and easiest to use, it has the least side effects of all acne treatment medicines. Side effects might occur, but are minor and rare. Minocycline can cause significant blood or internal problems, and dizziness and headaches as withdrawal. Some other significant, but also rare side effects of Minocycline are hypersensitivity lupus, hepatitis, which causes severe joint pains. Next rare side effect is accumulation of fluid around the brain. This can cause progressively worsening headaches and vision problems. You should definitely stop using this medicine if any of these rare side effects occur.