I got a tetanus shot 4 weeks ago...I still have pain and muscle weakness in that arm! I can't lift my arm over my head. The pain wakes me at night, the doc said it will resolve itself? WHEN???

Hi! It's really common to get a reaction to having a tetanus shot, but this is generally localised swelling, redness and tenderness and does normally go away within a really short period of time, like a couple of days. You would have thought if the pain and weakness was as a result of the shot that it would have gone by now. Did you ask you doc to have a look at your arm? It would be almost impossible to cause neuronal damage to your arm with an IM injection, so could you possibly have done something else? Worth asking again?

I had the shot Dec. 23rd and present my arm still hurts to lift or put on clothes. nothing i do helps. please reply

What did you do for it. Hubby having terrible time.