This post is an extension of the
Numbness__tingling__left side_ hand_arm__pinky__weakness thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

hi,
just add me to the long list of ppl having the strange "numbness"
mine started about 13 months ago, been to doc, full blood w/u. ct scan, ekg, all that jazz.....diagnosed with anxiety. i dont believe thats the cause. I hope we find some answers

well add me to the list of left side numb patients.

I have the same issue on the elft side on my arm.

Its gets cold, and its tingles. I do have paralysis do to a gun shot wound.

I also ahve a very weak immune system thatnks to Home Care nurses bringing to my home MRSA. Also I have acid reflux, and I take tons of vitamins and multivitamins.

I have recntly been taking immune boosters, im wondering if that is causing the problem.

But good God, I kind of regret coming here. Im looking to hear about nerve damage, and have heard instead, stroke, herpes, HIV, Heart Attack, psyphillis.

I've had exactly the came symptoms as many of you, but mine just started. My left leg and forearm are slightly numb and tingly; especially the pinky and ring fingers. It's not painful, but it is a concern. Here are some things I've read this far that raise a red flag for me.

1. use of computer mouse with the left hand.
2. GERD or some kind of acid reflux issue.
3. pinches nerve.
4. MOST of us are less than 35 years old.

I have GERD as well, but I do spend a fair amount of time on using the PC with the mouse in left hand. I think one of these things could be the cause.

Any of you had a Brain MRI?
Might be worth asking your doctor.

I'm 54, use computer all day (right hand mouse).

Left pinky and outside part of hand have been somewhat numb for a few days. Comes and goes, not serious, but made me do a Google search which led me to this site.

it's probably nerve related - i keep my left arm on the table for hours. And about a month ago I switched to a different desk and chair, so my arms are in a different position.

I'll try keeping the arm straight, not resting on the elbow, and some of the other ideas recommended in this thread.

hey wow...
and i though i was imagining it all... and i have been through years of medication... my doctor the genius says "it may be due to something else or it may not be" he has no clue of what it is or what to do about he and has very conveniently dismissed it altogether. I have had this since a long time and it is just recently that i have started increased use of computers.

i have had MRI, EEG blood test, x rays the works...all normal but over the past few days the numbness has spread from my left hand to my face feels similar to the feeling on gets after an anesthesia ...

now i went to an Ayurvedic doc and he said that is due to lack of proper oxygen supply to the left side and it can be cured by a series of massages but i did not think much of it he seemed to full of himself.....he also suggested i lose alittle weight.

i am planing to give homeopathy a try and hope it works, just pray it works...
Chiropractice also sounds like a good idea got to find myself a chiro now....

wish me luck if i find out anything i will be sure to share it :-)

best...
safa

Well, it seems that alot of ppl suffer from sort of numbness and tingling..

My boyfreind, in the past year has 2 kidneye stones, a month or so apart.. He thought he had a 3rd a few weeks ago. Finally the pain got worse and he started thinking it was a nerve. I took him to the ER, and they determined he didnt have another stone, and that he had a pinched nerve in his lower back. THey told him to see 2 c a chiropractor, and gave him muscle relaxers, pain killers, and anti infamitory medications. Then I took him to see a chiropractor.. He stoped taking the medication as he really didn't enjoy the side effects.. With in a period of days, I had him back in the ER. THis time he colapsed.. Him entire left half of his body was numb or Tingling, or in extreme pain..

He was haveing trouble breathing and haveing trouble with his heart rate. after liying down for a bit he felt better, so he decided to just go home. this was about 4 am when we left. He came to work with me the next day at 2 pm, and before 230 came around my manager took him back to an ER. He got so dizzy twice on the way there in about 15 mins, and was in pain and numb again. He had a cat scan, and mri.. They called down a back surgeon and he said the chiropractor damaged another disk in him middle back, but the work he did in the lower area looked good to him.

He is sending him to a neurologist. Told him that by not taking the muscle relaxers and such, he was able to notice the damage, and the swelling pressing on his spine. Also told him he may need sugery to fix this. He never had any numbness before, just pain due to a nerve. The dr's told him he may need a lawyer for what the chiropractor did.. They think it was the fact that he moved a disk that didnt need to be moved that may have caused these sever symptoms. The think it is putting too much pressure on his nerves.

So now we wit to see a neurologist.. But based on what ive read here, they dnt seem to find anything..

Funny his grandmother suffers from symptoms symilar to rumatoid arthritus.. I apologive for my spelling. THough the dr's and specialists she has seen have no idea what is really causing her problems..

Is it posible he could have something similar? I know nothing about this stuff really. Only know my man is messed up really bad!!! So bad at the ER they had to hook him up to some machine to keep his heart rate steady! And he is asleep now again! I hope the dr's can help us..

However I really do not think he has any othr kind of disease, like hiv. This didnt become an issue until after the chiropractor.. Before the pain was just pain, the nerve was causing urinary and intestianl issues. I really think these issues come from the spine, or nerves or both.. If we get an anser i will be sure to post it..

WOW I read through the whole last thread and this one too I'm amazed!

I have had numbness and tingling in both my right and left hands from elbow down on and off for 2 yrs. Some days (today) are very bad and they feel very asleep- some times I wonder if I'm having a heart attack b/c it's my entire left arm. I'm 28, have had 3 children and have been told the following by docs related to this issue:

1) I have 'ulner nerve compression' from carrying my children too much
2) I have an Arnold chiari malformation which could be causing this
3) I have anxiety issues that are causing me to breath too quickly causing this s/x

Well, I don't know what to believe. In addition I have lower back pain and scoliosis as well as a lipoma brain tumor (incidental MRI finding- isn't that just peachy). I feel like I'm going insane with this! Any time I get nervous now my hands go completely numb and cease up into a muscle spam and I can't move them at all. It's becoming rehabilitating for me. I do eat fairly healthy, I'm not overweight- however I do drink a LOT of regular soda and smoking doesn't help I'm sure.

Like PP said:
2. GERD or some kind of acid reflux issue. (NOPE not I)
3. pinches nerve.
Adding 5. Nothing to do with BMI/weight

I need to go back to the neurosurgeon for another MRI for my tumor anyways and I will be asking yet again. I have this sinking feeling that it has to do with my spine :-(

My symptoms first started about five months ago. I'm 26 yrs old from Florida. I have the same problems with numbness on the left side of my body especially in my left hand and foot. I am am also dealing with loss of balance, extreme dizziness and visual distortion. The doc's have no clue what is wrong. I have been told that this could be stress related. Iv had blood panels and CAT Scan that were all normal. One Doc checked for Lupus and thyroid, but those tests came back normal. HIV, Chlamydia, gonorrhea and cervical cancer screening came back negative. I have no health insurance so I'm on a waiting list to see a neurologist that will see me. For now I have no choice but to live with this. I will check this thread often. Good luck to all.

Just to let you know they are just as clueless over here in the UK.
I've had the symptoms since Jan 4th 09 now and I am beginning to panic as the tingling on the left side is not going away, and reading these posts it seems like they never will. Has anyone ever been cured or have the symptoms ever went away?

Heya, 33yo here, first morning of symptoms... I did pull an all nighter working on the computer. Im keeping my fingers crossed and have adjusted my chair, cracked my back a good one and am now using a gel wrist-rest. Thanks to this fourm for all the info I'm trying to breathe deep and relax, I'll share anything that works for me.

I was experiencing the exact symptoms described here (left hand ring/pinky finger numb and tingling). It took me all day to research and I finally found information on cubital tunnel syndrome, which fits my situation perfectly.

Of course, it's good to check with a doctor, but since many already did and got no help, this might give you something to start with.

Cheers!

lay on ur back in ur bed and arch ur lower back (like ur tryin to touch ur butt to it) and squeeze and hold for about 10 to 20 seconds then side to side i hope this makes since but i promise it worked for me the thing is it (the numbness) comes back after a week or so, so u have to keep up w/ the exercises, im not a doctor but this tells me it has something to do w/ our lower spine.... but believe me when i 1st tried these exercises it felt great to have my hands feel normal again